Cabrio Washer died after 4 1/2 years!

secsteveJanuary 13, 2014

Boy am I ever bummed out. Cabrio started to make a very loud noise, so called my local repair folks.

He took one look at it, turned drum and said yep, cracked motor assembly or something like that. Long story short, cheaper to get a new washer than fix it. Ugh! The Cabrio we got has been good up to now. However, have been reading reviews on newer models and seems like they are a piece of junk.

I'm looking for a simple, nothing fancy top loader. Don't need all the bells and whistles that came with this machine.

I've heard and read good things about Speed Queen.

Comments/suggestion welcomed.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
laundryvet

Sorry to hear, you should expect 10 to 15 years of service from a major appliance that is well maintained.

Consider visiting the Laundry Room forum for washer/dryer issues. There could be tips on other equipment.

Laundryvet

Bookmark   January 14, 2014 at 2:34PM
wekick

Love our SQs. We have at least 10 of them in our business and one at home. The ones in our business go all day 5 days a week and on weekends some too. They have never had a service call. I believe they are repairable if the need should arise. The oldest one is over 5 years old.

Bookmark   January 14, 2014 at 4:42PM
secsteve

Thanks for the input.

Went and got a new SQ 432 and it will be delivered tomorrow. I was really impressed with all the reviews I read and I really enjoyed dealing with the sales person. Not pushy and very straight forward.

Bookmark   January 14, 2014 at 10:27PM
More Discussions
BlueStar Refrigerators
Anyone taken a look at the new BS refrigerators? If...
Mistman
Sealed vs Open Gas Burners
What's the difference between sealed gas burners and...
cbarkston
Zephyr Hurricane vs Broan QP430SS
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice or stories...
brewcat
Can a Whirpool wrs342fiab00 Refrigerator use water filter bypass ?
I have an undersink filter connected to this fridge,...
edge
Vent hood, Broan, Vent a Hood, Zephyr, or Kobe
I am looking for a 36'' under cabinet hood for a 36''...
abick2
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™