Nice n Easy Gray Solution

emmismeApril 19, 2008

Has anyone used this? My gray hairs have become resistant to coloring. I'm hoping this product will work.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
DLM2000

I haven't tried it but I did call Clairol for more info. One of the things you lose is the range of color choices you have with other products and there is no Golden Brown which is what I use now. I'd have to go considerably darker and I don't want to as that makes the out growth even more obvious. The other thing they told me is that you don't get the variations within the shade that produce highlights as with their other products - it's more flat looking. I struggle to get my gray covered, too and even when it does cover, it fades at the root line within a few days.

Bookmark   April 22, 2008 at 8:04PM
carla35

Gosh, I was afraid to say something negative without being sure but dlm seemed to desribe my experience to a tee. I used light brown but my hair came out dark brown (darker than I wanted). It also seem "very" flat and dull... refer to my post about "hair texture question". I think now my bad hair was linked to this product. As the coloring is fading, my hair seems better/healthier. I think the color just took away all depth and natural shine.

I don't really have a grey coverage/resistant problem... just thought this product may prolong the coloring and wanted to see how it worked. It really doesn't seem to prolong my grey fading any more than my regular color does. As you can guess, I really wasn't at all impressed by this product and plan to NEVER use it again.

I really do like the Nice 'N Easy Root Touch Up though. It does fade, but for in between colorings it works really well.

If you try the Grey Solution, let us know what you think.

Bookmark   April 22, 2008 at 11:29PM
vannie

I use L'oreal and it works better than anything I've ever tried. I use "light brown" and it turns out pretty dark, but not black. It's actually my real color, so this works for me,and gives my hair so much body. I highly recommend it.

Bookmark   April 25, 2008 at 3:10PM
sheilajoyce_gw

I never found anything I liked. I used to disguise my early greying with frosting, and that worked the best. Finally, I just quit, and by then I had natural frosting.

When I tried the gray cover ups, I hated the flat look the coloring gave my hair. Looked just plain awful. Going natural saved me time, money and looked better than all the dye jobs and white roots peeking out.

Bookmark   April 27, 2008 at 6:02PM
emmisme

Well darn, I was hoping someone had great results with this product. I'm going to use it anyway because I'm cheap and don't want to just toss it. I have black hair and have always used the darkest brown I can find but it just colors my grays a light brown. I've stayed away from black because I've read/heard to always go lighter than your natural color when you're "older".

I've used the Root Touchup too and think it's great for in between colorings.

Thanks for all the input!

Bookmark   May 2, 2008 at 10:41PM
carla35

Well, please let us know how it turns out. I'm curious to know what results you have especially since your hair is darker to begin with; maybe it will work well for you. Good luck!

Bookmark   May 3, 2008 at 12:34AM
groomingal

I wonder if the developer in that product is 40 volume instead of a 20 volume? Does anyone know by chance?

Bookmark   May 4, 2008 at 1:36AM
JDahmke

I use this normally. I have dark brown hair naturally and I used loreals fiaria (spelling may be off) I like the highlights it offers but my grays don't cover completely so I have to recolor very frequently. I haven't found anything that works like the gray solutions. It covers completely from the first application and I don't have to buy any apply again anywhere near like I do with other brands. I haven't noticed the shine problem but it does give the appearance of a flat coloring because there isn't the highlighted look but it isnt bad looking at least with my coloring? People comment positively more often on my dye job when I've used gray solutions.

Bookmark   March 3, 2012 at 2:56PM
More Discussions
What is a good face cream to use,that WORKS?
I think I've tried every brand of face creams,night...
Dotty9
where Cathy Daniels clothing sold...?
I have a hard time getting clothes to fit well &...
vieja_gw
testing
Spirea reverting.
catkin
Suggestions for good hair cutting cape
I have a hair cutting kit which I use to cut my husband's...
peabody1
buying named fragrances on-line ... risky?
I find fragrances I like are not popular sometimes...
vieja_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™