Hair Color Fades

colordcucinaApril 14, 2009

Okay, so I've been coloring my hair for three and a half years. It started off alright, but for the last year or so, it's been fading far more than it should, and going to a color that is lighter than the dyed color underneath if it is left alone long enough. I want to keep it a medium/dark brown when my original-and what it usually fades to-is a light brown or a dirty blonde. What can I do? Should I dye it twice to work up to the darker? How long should I wait inbetween? What products will help keep that difference?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mitchdesj

I try to not wash my hair for 48 hours after coloring ; I also use Colorconserve shampoo and cond by aveda, been using those for years and they help. My hairdresser uses wella products for tinting,
I've had l'Oreal in the past also. I find that the sun bleaches color really fast,
there's no sunblock for hair, as far as I know.

I have my roots touched up every month, and the whole color is redone every 8 weeks approx, by that time it's lightened up considerably.

Bookmark   April 16, 2009 at 7:41AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Silverdove

Do you color your own hair?

When I colored my hair, I would leave the color on for a longer time. If the instructions said 25 minutes, I left it for forty minutes, before I rinsed it out. I never had a problem with fading, but I usually wore a hat or stayed out of the sun!

Bookmark   April 18, 2009 at 4:24PM
More Discussions
Laser Hair Removal
My annual bonus this year will fund something I've...
mary_md7
Help settle bet--free shampoo. & style on the line
My stylist swears hair is alive and I contend hair...
bossyvossy
where Cathy Daniels clothing sold...?
I have a hard time getting clothes to fit well &...
vieja_gw
HOW much for a cut and highlight?
I normally post on the quilting and diet club boards,...
miscindy
Best top for khaki skirt
I have a denim khaki skirt that I like a lot. What...
arizonarose
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™