Black Cocktail Dress & Silver Sandals?

pastryqueenApril 3, 2008

I have a formal occassion at which I plan to wear a short, but dressy, black dress. Last year I spent a fortune on silver sandals and a silver beaded bag. Can one wear silver accessories with black, or should I stick with all black. I have no fashion sense, so I need your advice.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jane

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jcrowley99

Silver would look great with black! I think the new look (from what I have seen on fashion shows) is to "pop" the accessories. So with black you would want a different color like silver, or gold, or maybe red (grin, I just bought a pair of red patent leather peep toe pumps to go with my little black dress). I bet you'll look wonderful! In case you are wondering, according to what I have heard it is no longer a no-no to mix metals, so if you want to wear gold jewelry with the silver shoes and bag you would be right in fashion.

Bookmark   April 3, 2008 at 5:16PM
pastryqueen

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. I find since I quite work and end up wearing jeans everyday, I don't know what's in or not. This advise will be very helpful.
Jane

Bookmark   April 5, 2008 at 3:37PM
newdawn1895

I think the shoes would look great too with the black dress. But I would probably stick with silver jewelry, but that's me.

....Jane

Bookmark   July 18, 2008 at 8:33PM
More Discussions
twisted silver chain
When I was in Poland a friend gave me a silver chain...
bleusblue
Can a fiftyish woman have oily skin?
What exactly is oily skin? I have an oily T zone, doesn't...
bossyvossy
Best top for khaki skirt
I have a denim khaki skirt that I like a lot. What...
arizonarose
Eyeliner that will not smear? Have oily skin
Is there any other poster that has oily eye lids? I...
colorcrazy
Skin Health Maintenance
Hi, I am 30 and need advice on my skin care/skin health...
alexander123
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™