Recommendations for Quality Power Brush?

Jodi_SoCalApril 5, 2003

I'm looking for recommmendations for a quality face powder/blush brush (full-size, not travel or purse size).

I would like one that doesn't shed, or at least one with light-colored hairs so if it does shed and I don't notice (I'm half blind :-),

I won't be walking around with black hairs on my face all day. LOL

Brand names and approximate cost would be appreciated. Thanks!

Jodi-

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
krisb_tx8

Most eyeshadow brushes are light color but I haven't seen a powder or blush brush in light color. And I'm not sure if 100% shed-free brushes are out there. You can go to sephora.com to see what kind of brushes they've. One of the best brand is Trish McEvoy, very expensive. Mac is not bad. At ulta.com check out Japonesque brand. From drugstore new Loreal brushes are good, so are Sonia Kashuk (Target), Prestige and Maybelline. Paula's Choice brushes are very soft but I had no luck with her brush blush. I could have gotten a bad one since most people raved her brushes.

Bookmark   April 10, 2003 at 10:20AM
Jodi_SoCal

Thanks for your suggestions Krisb. I'll start my research with your input in mind.

Jodi-

Bookmark   April 14, 2003 at 10:40PM
rider

Makeup artists often use Shu Umura brushes. They're supposed to be the best quality, if pricier (but sometimes you get what you pay for).

Bookmark   April 18, 2003 at 4:35PM
SueZQue

I've been using the Basic Minerals foundation and it is applied with a brush. Mine came with a large round brush that also shed on my face a bit. I just bought one of their brushes that is flat with a rounded tip, about an inch wide, and bright orange colored bristles. It gives much more coverage, like painting the powders on my face. So far, it hasn't shed at all. I now use the round brush to lightly blend the foundation and blush so it doesn't shed as much as when I was using it to burnish the foundation for coverage.

The new brush was under $20 - around $18 as I recall.

Bookmark   May 9, 2003 at 7:33AM
More Discussions
Help with dry frizzy hair
I have very dry hair. It's very fine and straight,...
Twinkle
Lifestyle lift, yeah or nay?
I am concerned with sagging and turkey neck. LL looks...
bossyvossy
Hair cut advice
Have any of you had a V cut or A U cut on the back...
arizonarose
Proper wedding attire
We are invited to my Fiance's nieces wedding in November...
arizonarose
Wigs
I have decided to purchase a couple Paula Young wigs,...
lucillle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™