Clothes for 55 and older women

kate38April 4, 2011

Where do you shop for clothing once you're past 55/60? I used to shop at Talbots but they now seem to be marketing to younger women. I saw something on their site about ageless dressing but still think they're more appealing to younger women these days. I'm trim and fit, go to the gym 3 times a week and walk almost every day. I work full time in a business office. My style is probably tailored but I like to look feminine. A little ruffle or lace is fine, but I'm also 5'4" so can't handle the big ruffles. I don't want to look like my 30-something daughters. So, where do you shop?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
michelle_phxaz

Most department stores like Macy's, Dillards, Nordstrom's have departments catering to women of all ages. Talbots is a very departmentalized store, they don't have the selection or stock the larger stores do. Good luck!

Bookmark   April 4, 2011 at 8:16PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mitchdesj

You should try and find a good salesperson at Talbots who would help you pull together a good look that is current and professional, possibly showing you that you can wear certain younger styles without looking inappropriate. I find that some older women don't allow themselves to look a bit younger, there's a way to do it right.

Bookmark   April 12, 2011 at 5:41AM
More Discussions
Hair cut advice
Have any of you had a V cut or A U cut on the back...
arizonarose
Eyeliner that will not smear? Have oily skin
Is there any other poster that has oily eye lids? I...
colorcrazy
Regular down vs. ultra lite down
Help, I live in the south where down is not part of...
scpalmetto
where Cathy Daniels clothing sold...?
I have a hard time getting clothes to fit well &...
vieja_gw
Skimmer shoes....socks, knee-his, or bare feet?
I know it's a weird question...but ...I hate wearing...
marc_ia
Sponsored Products
Olivia 5 Piece King Bedroom Set in Black
$1,188.00 | LexMod
Anchor Coat Rack
$29.99 | zulily
Pyramid Outdoor Lantern
$99.00 | FRONTGATE
Naples Polished Chrome Five-Light Pendant with 5.5-Foot Black Cord with Clear Gl
Bellacor
Shires Equestrian Medium Port Mouth Pelham Bit - 6317-4.5
$37.99 | Hayneedle
Windhaven California King Bed
$2,999.00 | Horchow
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™