Difficulty Finding Dress Pants for Work

sameboatApril 14, 2013

Does anyone else hate the new low-rise cut pants that are out in the stores now? I am looking for just regular dress pants for work, slacks. All of the styles are these low-rise pants that button right at the fattest part of my belly just below my belly button. They have a huge gap in the back, would show butt crack, and look and feel just awfully uncomfortable! I've been to Marshall's, TJMaxx, etc. and they all only have this style. I am not looking for the "mom jeans" style, just something that butons at the waist and pulls in my tummy. I've resorted to only wearing skirts. Any ideas on where to shop? I am on the North Shore in MA. I've tried the malls, too. Geesh!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tripletmom83

Do you have a Kohl's there? I have a few pairs of pants from a brand called Apt 9 that fit nicely. I too dislike the low cut pants. They give me "muffin top" . If you find the Api 9 brand try on a few, They have different styles, and even some with the same name (ie,modern fit) are different.

Bookmark   April 15, 2013 at 12:09AM
sameboat

Yes we have Kohl's too! I wear the petite sizes and I tried looking there too. I will have to wait a few weeks and try again. When I went last time they only had the three-quarter length pants, clam digger style for Spring/Summer and those aren't appropriate for work. I do love the dresses there! I am wearing Briggs NY pants right now, they are perfect and I might have found them at Kohl's but years ago. I have heard of Apt. 9. I am hoping they get some nice colors in for Spring other than black and brown. Thank you! I might be trying Sears or JC Penny next...

Bookmark   April 15, 2013 at 7:29PM
chinacat_sunflower

every pair of pants I own are either J Peterman (which will tend to be too high-waisted for you) or Jones New York - and they do have the 'secret panel' on most of their choices.

and it's spring - get their winter colors on clearance, get brighter stuff in the fall.

Bookmark   April 18, 2013 at 4:47PM
laurensophie

Shop on GotApparel and I hope you may get your favorite dress pant over there in discount rate to shop. Gotapparel offers some nice kinds of dress shirts too which really make a good suit for you.

Bookmark   May 6, 2013 at 8:41AM
deborah1950

Jones NY has a pant that I like that seems to fit better than most for me. The style is called "Lexington". Macys carries them and if you have time to shop you can catch them on clearance sometimes. They actually fit right below that waist. I also hate the way so many styles out there hit right below the belly button, which is the biggest part for a lot of women. Not flattering for most of us. It seems like the designers and buyers are not thinking of us Baby Boomers!

Bookmark   August 31, 2013 at 10:41PM
kellienoelle

Are you on the curvy side with a booty and thighs but smaller waist? If so, my go to pants are the Banana Republic Jackson fit. Unfortunately, they aren't as popular as their other styles so they will only have a couple fabric choices per season. On the plus side, they are typically very classic.

Bookmark   September 8, 2013 at 6:41PM
kellienoelle

Are you on the curvy side with a booty and thighs but smaller waist? If so, my go to pants are the Banana Republic Jackson fit. Unfortunately, they aren't as popular as their other styles so they will only have a couple fabric choices per season. On the plus side, they are typically very classic.

Bookmark   September 8, 2013 at 6:42PM
sameboat

I have no butt and I don't go "in" at the waist. That's why all the new modern styles don't fit! Size 6 and I'm short.

Bookmark   September 11, 2013 at 8:47PM
More Discussions
What is a good face cream to use,that WORKS?
I think I've tried every brand of face creams,night...
Dotty9
Suggestions for good hair cutting cape
I have a hair cutting kit which I use to cut my husband's...
peabody1
Best top for khaki skirt
I have a denim khaki skirt that I like a lot. What...
arizonarose
Questioning Long Hair
I haven't had long hair in 45 yrs, I finally let it...
joann_fl
Lifestyle lift, yeah or nay?
I am concerned with sagging and turkey neck. LL looks...
bossyvossy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™