Pros and Cons of facial hair waxing Please.

simply_sheliaApril 21, 2003

The last couple of years I have gotten alot of those unsightly facial hairs.Not too noticeable to others really mainly me.I pluck the few that are dark and coarse.But I'd like to remove alot of the fine hair and have that smooth look.So tell me how this works and give me some tips and cautions.I did try one type years ago by Sally Hansen.OUCH!It burned so bad never again.And it left my face red for several days.So that pretty much did me in.Thanks so much for any and all input.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sheilajoyce_gw

I use a wax product you can melt over LOW heat. It does hurt--all waxing does to some extent. Use A&D diaper ointment over the waxed area to help with skin problems.

Bookmark   April 28, 2003 at 1:04AM
simply_shelia

Thanks Sheilajoyce.

Bookmark   April 28, 2003 at 2:07PM
MsDevon

If you really dont want to wax I suggest Nair. Its amazing how they have improved their formula recently-- I remember just a couple years ago when it burned the skin and smelt terrible. Its one product I never thought Id be able to recommend, but it has really come a long way.

-Devon

Bookmark   May 4, 2003 at 10:46PM
chinacat_sunflower

facial waxing isn't something that you want to do yourself...trust me. my hairs you need a pair of pliers to unseat...but if your hair's not like mine, the Sally Hansen cold wax strips work pretty well...get together with a friend, and do each other (just make sure you pick a brave one- it DOES hurt, and it DOES take some strength to yank the strips off) and a&d lotion's a good follow up.

Bookmark   May 27, 2003 at 1:19PM
barbb

my daughter just had her eyebrows waxed yesterday... she has a shiny film left over where the wax was and has a little raised pimple like areas ... how do we get rid of the film????

Bookmark   May 28, 2003 at 12:13AM
mary_md7

I have no idea what the "film" is--did you wipe the area with alcohol or hydrogen peroxide? As for the pimples, my dermatologist told me that's the skin's reaction to the "trauma" of waxing, and can be prevented by using a little over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream right after the waxing is done (and NOT letting the salon put on a lotion that contains fragrance, which is irritating to some of us).

Bookmark   May 29, 2003 at 6:18PM
ponderinstuff

I've never heard of a film either. Although I have had a couple dark complected people loose the color in their skin and look whiter...makeup wouldn't adhere to it. Very wierd.

Some people never get pimples and others have sensitive skin. Some of it is technique and/or type of wax, as well as skin type.

Bookmark   June 9, 2003 at 10:08PM
More Discussions
Regular down vs. ultra lite down
Help, I live in the south where down is not part of...
scpalmetto
Facial Hair from upper lip
Hi All upper lip I have an embrassing problem with...
Angel1977
Suggestions for good hair cutting cape
I have a hair cutting kit which I use to cut my husband's...
peabody1
where Cathy Daniels clothing sold...?
I have a hard time getting clothes to fit well &...
vieja_gw
Cracked heels - why only women?
Has anyone ever wonder why only we women get cracked...
organicboat
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™