need slush for 100

heavenFebruary 9, 2002

Help!! Throwing a surprise birthday party, and would like to find a frozen margareita sluch type drink, that is easy to serve, as we will have alot of people.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

Alcoholic?
Linda C

Bookmark   February 10, 2002 at 10:02AM
heaven

Hi Linda, Yes Alcoholic. But I can probley cut it down to about 50 people I think. We will have beer also, and pop. We have about 125 people comming and not everyone will be drinking this. Thanks

Bookmark   February 10, 2002 at 10:37AM
APirateLooksAt50

I have used a product called On The Border margarita mix. It comes in about a half gallon plastic bucket, you pour a 750ml bottle of tequila with the ingredients in the bucket, mix it well, and place the bucket in the freezer overnight. It freezes into a slushy mix. You can just scoop out the slush with an ice cream scoop or whatever. Kind of low tech, and not near as good as my own home-made margaritas, but it is easy and doesn't wear out the bartender.

They have a web site:

http://www.bucketheadclub.com

Bookmark   February 10, 2002 at 2:43PM
APirateLooksAt50

PS... I bought my On The Border buckets at Sam's Club. Strickly for research purposes, I have just gone downstairs to the freezer and gotten a glass out of a bucket that has been in the freezer since last summer. Mixed it up real good, and it tastes pretty good. Another tip, if you want to make a Top Shelf margarita out of this, mix in some Grand Marnier or Cointreau.

Bookmark   February 10, 2002 at 2:52PM
lindac

Another vote for the On the Border stuff.....and also for the addition of cointreau.
And also a word to the wise! When ever I have had a big party and offered margaritas and beer and pop.....everyone drank margaritas!! Have lots!! The frozen slush will keep for months in your freezer.....so don't run out.
Linda C

Bookmark   February 10, 2002 at 8:04PM
More Discussions
K Cup Compatible Coffee Machines - NOT Keurig!
I'm not a coffe drinker but seeking to buy a machine*...
karyn
Broken Jaw, Need ideas (More details in message)
I recently broke my jaw due to seizures, so they couldn't...
Buzz8522
How many tablespoones for a cup of coffee?
I have a mug so it about 12 ozs. I just purchased a...
harry_wild
Worst beer?
The post on your favorite drink made me think of some...
AB
refresher drink
Quick post any drink recipe containing vital energy...
Adams07
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™