Problem wearing shoes without socks - HELP

peabody1April 30, 2013

I have a problem when I try to wear shoes without socks. The inside of the shoes eventually come out. I have tried supposed "no show" socks, but you could still see them. I would love to go around like everyone else, but I don't understand why my feet cause the insides of my shoes to come out. Do others have that problem? How do you solve it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sameboat

Do your toes stick to the bottom of the inside of the shoe? I wear little ped-like toe covers that only slip over your toes. I'm sorry I forget where I got them but I think they are Dr. Scolls or something. I think they were from a regular drugstore like CVS. Maybe Walmart?

Bookmark   April 30, 2013 at 4:27PM
tripletmom83

Try rubbing baby powder or foot powder on your feet before you put on your shoes. I think you'll find that makes going sockless more comfortable too.

Bookmark   May 1, 2013 at 1:49AM
peabody1

Thanks for the suggestions.

sameboat - I called Dr. Scholl's and they didn't have any idea what I was talking about. They don't have anything that fits over your toes. The drug store didn't know either. Can you describe them more? What are they made for? What do they look like?

tripletmom83 - I haven't been able to use any powders because I have asthma and powders bother me.

Bookmark   May 2, 2013 at 11:42AM
Crackermoo

IâÂÂm thinking it might be perspiration thatâÂÂs moistening your skin and making it stick to the insole. Believe it or not, if you brew a small pot of really strong orange pekoe tea (it can even be decaf tea if you want) and pour it into a tub of water (it doesnâÂÂt have to be hot), then soak your feet for about 20 minutes, your feet wonâÂÂt perspire for days. Really, it works.

As for the toe covers, I found them here, here, and here.

Bookmark   May 3, 2013 at 7:56PM
sameboat

I googled mine and they came up as "pump pouches". They are cushy but thicker than the ones in the links from Crackermoo. I think I'd much prefer the " toe covers" that are shown in Crackermoo's links - especially for summertime!

Bookmark   May 3, 2013 at 8:42PM
More Discussions
Best top for khaki skirt
I have a denim khaki skirt that I like a lot. What...
arizonarose
Help settle bet--free shampoo. & style on the line
My stylist swears hair is alive and I contend hair...
bossyvossy
You are over 60 with fine, thin, straight hair
that won't take a perm. How do you wear your hair?
pauline13
dry scalp
I'm having a problem with my scalp. It seems so dry...
brownthumbia
Suggestions for good hair cutting cape
I have a hair cutting kit which I use to cut my husband's...
peabody1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™