How do I make Cappuchino?

scottJanuary 1, 2002

The old POS coffee machine took a turn for the worst, and we recently purchased a Three For All coffee/espresso/capuchino machine (comes with that tube to steam milk). However, I have no clue how to make Cappuchino; I try to use that steaming tube but all that happens with the milk is a few bubbles and it runs out of pressure.

I'm clueless ;( sorry.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

When all else fails....read the directions!
My coffee maker has a control on one side that builds the pressure.....then a knob on the other side that releases the steam into the frothing pitcher.
I make a cup of espresso and fill the frothing pitcher 1/2 full of skim milk....steam it until it's hot and about twice the volume and pour it into my mug of espresso....I also add a tad bit of sugar!
Linda C

Bookmark   January 1, 2002 at 11:47PM
Megs

Well, being a formal starbucks barista... I have made hundreds and possibly thousand cappucinnos, lattes, etc...
You should purchase a thermometer for your milk, and get a small tin canister w/ handle to steam. Make sure your milk is COLD when you start, this will make sure your foam is nice and thick. start off with approx. 1/4 cup of milk with the thermometer in the milk, with steam (wand) nozzle completely inside, gradually turn up steam, and then begin pulling the canister down until the end of wand is right under the surface of the milk. and move up and down occasionally. you should then have a thick foam. and only heat your milk to approx. 140 - 160 ( i generally go to about 160, start off lower during practice. then pull your shots of espresso, pour espresso in cup, with a little of the steamed milk, then top with foam. should be ratio 1/4 milk/ 3/4 foam, and your shot of espresso. hope that helps...

Bookmark   January 2, 2002 at 2:10AM
ann_t

Depending on the model of your espresso machine you may not be able to make enough steam required to really foam up the milk. Try using skim milk as it will foam up more than 2% or whole and becareful not to boil the milk. If it turns out that your machine cannot produce the foam you want, buy a small hand whisk called something like a Froth Matic Express. I have seen them in the US at TJ Maxx's. You can use this to foam up the milk and then sap it in the Microware to warm before spooning on top of your espresso.
I ended up buying a commerical machine for home use in order to get an espresso machine with a good pump and with the ability to froth up the milk properly.

Ann.

Bookmark   January 3, 2002 at 12:00AM
More Discussions
Plastic Bottles?
Does anyone know of a source for new 2 liter pop bottles?...
Konrad___far_north
Gave up Coke Cola
I have been a Coca Cola Junkie for 20 years-I averaged...
brigitte-grisanti
coffee good or bad?
There seems to be a lot of confusion surrounding coffee....
Adams07
Worst beer?
The post on your favorite drink made me think of some...
AB
How many tablespoones for a cup of coffee?
I have a mug so it about 12 ozs. I just purchased a...
harry_wild
Sponsored Products
Hampton Bay Ceiling Fans Rapallo 52 in. Brushed Nickel Ceiling Fan AG845H-BN
Home Depot
Flat Chrome Bar on Bar Towel Rail 30 inches x 24 inches
Hudson Reed
Type 1228 Floor Lamp - White - Anglepoise
$355.00 | HORNE
Stretch Stripe 2-piece T-cushion Sofa Slipcover
Overstock.com
Droog | Milk Bottle 12 Light Lamp
YLiving.com