Inexpensive Margaritas for a crowd?????

HeidiHoHumJanuary 27, 2003

Help!! Somehow I opened my mouth and am now having a Tex-Mex/ Margarita party for about 50 people. Does anyone have info on making enough margaritas for that big of a crowd without running out? I am a misplaced Texan in Australia for a couple years and I have not been able to find ANY mixes ANYWHERE...not even margarita salt! Haven't been able to locate a big frozen machine to rent either, but am still hunting. Thanks so much!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

Can you buy Tequila? Triple sec?...or cuantro?...Limes?..And Kosher salt can sub very well for Margarita salt.
The classic Margarita....the Mexican drink....not the Tex-Mex thing....is 2 oz of fresh lime juice, 1 1/2 oz tequila, one oz ( or a little more) triple sec and sugar to taste......I don't use sugar.
But...be careful....this can hit hard! This is not a tall glass drink.
Linda C

Bookmark   January 28, 2003 at 10:51AM
HeidiHoHum

Linda C-
You are making my mouth water!!! Thanks for the recipe. I am pretty sure that is the standard Margarita drink. I am not aware of a special 'TexMex' version. I know I can get Tequila, but will have to check on Triple Sec or Cuantro. Glad to know the tip on salt, that will save me from more hunting!

Thank you!
Heidi

Bookmark   January 28, 2003 at 8:59PM
lindac

The "Tex-Mex" Margarita also includes a quantity of sweet and sour mix...non alcoholic.
Stir the above recipe with lots of ice....and serve on the rocks, or just whirr in a blender with ice for frozen maragritas.
Linda C

Bookmark   January 31, 2003 at 10:19AM
IdahoMom

I've got a good recipe that uses frozen lemonade and limeade plus the tequila. I can post if you'd like.

Bookmark   April 2, 2003 at 6:02PM
HeidiHoHum

IdahoMom,

Thank you for the offer, but I am in Australia right now and unfortunately, I have not seen ANYTHING like a frozen concentrated drink ANYWHERE. I ended up using straight tequila, cointreau and fresh lime juice for my party. WOW! It was strong! I guess I am used to the kind with a sweet and sour mix. I still have a jug of the margaritas in the freezer...they'll have to be diluted by blending with ice and making them frozen margaritas!!!
Heidi

Bookmark   April 3, 2003 at 3:42AM
IdahoMom

I realized AFTER posting that this was pretty outdated. Your margaritas sound tasty but I would have ended up asleep I'm such a wimp. Hope it was fun!

Bookmark   April 3, 2003 at 11:39AM
More Discussions
Coke vs. Pepsi
Why do some many people like Coke and Diet Coke? Pepsi...
Kelli
How many tablespoones for a cup of coffee?
I have a mug so it about 12 ozs. I just purchased a...
harry_wild
Kumbucha?
Anyone brewing Kumbucha? :) Arum
dena_eft
refresher drink
Quick post any drink recipe containing vital energy...
Adams07
Worst beer?
The post on your favorite drink made me think of some...
AB
Sponsored Products
Bar Harbor Margarita Rug (5' x 8')
Overstock.com
Fischer Mobel | Tennis Armchair
YLiving.com
Margaritaville Extra Large Insulated Pitcher
$49.50 | FRONTGATE
Modiss | Margarita 1C39 Pendant Light
YLighting
Toro Lounge Chair by Blu Dot
$1,299.00 | Lumens