attaching old piece of moulding to wall

ladyjinxJuly 23, 2009

I picked up a pretty piece of old moulding I'd like to attach to a wall, and use as a shelf of sorts. Is there a way to attach, or hang it, without making holes in the front of the piece? Is construction glue the only solution?

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ogoopogo

Try looking in the picture hanging section of the hardware store, find the saw toothed ones that you would attach to a frame in order to hang the picture. That should do the least amount of damage..

Bookmark   July 23, 2009 at 4:06PM
ladyjinx

Thanks for your reply. We did in fact go to the picture framing section of our local home improvement store, but found something different! It's a picture hanging system of 2 brackets (they look like strips of metal to me!) You attach one to wall, one to item to be hung, and the 2 pieces of metal fit into each other. Nothing visible! We purchased the large one which will hold up to 200 lbs for my piece of molding - great! Went back to store to purchase 2 smaller ones to attach other old items which had ugly old nails or screws showing! Not too expensive either!

Bookmark   August 11, 2009 at 9:18AM
ogoopogo

I forgot about that kind! Glad to see that everything worked out for you.. Thanks for posting the outcome!

Bookmark   August 11, 2009 at 12:12PM
More Discussions
Help identifying a vase?
Does anyone know anything about this vase.It has no...
Melissa Mcintosh
Help with age and materials of chair
I just purchased this chair, used, with the idea of...
mikejillnelson
camelback sofa
Hello there - could anyone help me to identify the...
jerome_shorter
Sponsored Products
Couristan Recife Tropics Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug - Cocoa/Black - 1177/2500-2X3.7
$19.00 | Hayneedle
Crestview Collection Oar Aged Wood and Burlap Table Lamp
$84.90 | Lamps Plus
Bentley Black 5-drawer Chest
Overstock.com
Rounded Edge Oval Porcelain Ceramic Countertop Bathroom Vessel Sink - 25 x 16 In
eModern Decor
Fresh Mail Sorter
$13.99 | Dot & Bo
Elk Lighting 17102/3 Northport 3-Light Vanity in Satin Nickel
Beyond Stores
Stewart Oil Rubbed Bronze Three Light Vanity with Alabaster Glass
$69.48 | Bellacor
Gervin Loveseat - Key Largo Ruby Red
Joybird Furniture
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™