What do you know about Wigs?

arroyApril 12, 2012

I am going to get a wig soon as my protective style for the winter. I have terrible hand in hair syndrome. I want to put the wig on, and take it off when I need to. I have never worn a wig, don't know the least bit about how to pick one, wash it or anything. Someone please help?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Country Sunflower

I keep 4 of them in various styles and colors...mostly grey / blonde or strawberry blonde...

Go to a really good quality wig shop and try them on to see how they fit and look on you... I spent upward of $300 each for mine.. and they are worth it...you pretty much get what you pay for....

Hope this helps some..

Carolyn

Bookmark   April 12, 2012 at 9:54PM
gogwmos

You definitely need to go to a wig store to ask these questions, they will be able to see you in person and tell you what you need.

Bookmark   May 19, 2012 at 8:51PM
Meghan79

With my experience in acting I have seen a lot of low quality wigs that 1)look very fake, and 2) end up being really itchy. I agree with Carolyn go to a wig store and look for a good quality one. Some are made with real hair, some aren't..that choice is up to you.
I would also shop around and check out different stores(perhaps there are reviews of them) so that way you can feel confident you are going to a place where people know their business.

Bookmark   August 24, 2012 at 6:03PM
More Discussions
What is a good face cream to use,that WORKS?
I think I've tried every brand of face creams,night...
Dotty9
Revlon Mechanical Eyebrow Pencil Refill
I have used the Revlon Mechanical Eyebrow Pencil and...
MrsJrs
Eyeliner that will not smear? Have oily skin
Is there any other poster that has oily eye lids? I...
colorcrazy
Suggestions for good hair cutting cape
I have a hair cutting kit which I use to cut my husband's...
peabody1
Skin Health Maintenance
Hi, I am 30 and need advice on my skin care/skin health...
alexander123
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™