Cooking egg plant!

rustyj14December 26, 2004

Some folks like to post their recipies here, so here's mine for eggplant!

First off, ya need the egg plant! I don't know if it is sold or given away, although i have been given some at various times. Here is my recipe for egg plant!

First, wash off the outside of the thing, then, into a fairly well buttered skillet, you slice the egg plant. Season it well with butter, salt, pepper, and anything else you'd like to put on it!

Cook it until it is fairly well browned--then throw the stuff away and eat the skillet!

by: Rustyj.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wheely_boy

Hmmm...
Try try slicing the eggplant into 1/2" thick medallions, soaking in olive oil for about an hour, seasoning with season salt, and then grilling over direct medium heat for about 5 minutes per side. A little better tasting then a skillet depending on what was cooked on the skillet previously and how well it was cleaned.

Bookmark   December 28, 2004 at 8:48AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rustyj14

Well, Wheely boy, i must admit, the skillet was used previously to catch the oil i drained out of my truck, but it did add a lot of flavor to the egg plant, so much, in fact, the egg plant probably tasted pretty good! Later on, i found a dead dog nearby, and the egg plant was chewed up some, so its better that i ate the skillet!
But, thanks for your ideas. If i need any more advice on cooking, i'll certainly call on you for it!

Bookmark   December 28, 2004 at 10:19AM
More Discussions
what equipment should be bring in Barbecue
I'm going to and my friends crazy once before back...
junho
Ironworks gas grill
Greetings, Does anyone have any experience or knowledge...
sundance1
Windbreak for BBQ
We live in an area that is extremely windy at times....
ijensen
Do you need to secure a grill on the patio?
I live in a state that gets tornado warnings on occasion...
ncdel
Charcoal grills and/or Volcanic rock grills coming back
Someone was telling me that lots of people are turning...
summerstar
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™