barley twist

lukajoeyJuly 23, 2010

I know that the "barley twist" style of turned wood is English, but did the French also use this style? If so, would it have been used as decoration on an armoire or other large pieces?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I think it was used on tables, mainly for the legs/support structure. Whether or not was used in French styles, I can't answer. ;o)

    Bookmark   August 3, 2010 at 6:57PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
name on vase
Have any one seen this name before on a small vase,...
Trying to ID style of decoration on this 19th century table
This table (called a "plant stand" by the...
Antique Bell evaluation
Hi, I have this antique bell. Can anyone tell me what...
Shay Yakobi
Ruby cut to clear bowl set - help with identification
A while ago I bought this set of four ruby glass bowls...
walnut panel
Hi Everyone, I bought this 30" piece at an auction...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™