What's your favorite brand of purse?

stu2900April 6, 2008

Do you have a favorite purse brand, or style? Just curious what everyone likes. I usually like a hobo style and I'm in the market for a new one but, DD keeps pushing Coach, and while I like a good quality bag, I just don't care for that big "C". What do you all like?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carla35

I loved the old Coach bags that didn't have the "C" all over them and were just nice leather purses. I agree about the new ones...just not my taste.

I generally like a good quality leather purse. The brand doesn't really matter to me. I like different sizes and colors for different occasions.

Bookmark   April 6, 2008 at 3:51PM
jaybird

I have a Fossil leather hobo that I love, and it wasn't enormously expensive!!

Bookmark   April 8, 2008 at 3:52PM
socks

Stone Mountain isn't too bad. I've never had a Fossil bag, but they look nice. I tend not to change purses, so I don't have a lot. Just wear one out and get a new one. Seems like I always forget something when I change bags.

Bookmark   April 8, 2008 at 10:54PM
jannie

Coach bags. I have two. Love em both-one black, one brown, good strong leather, with shoulder straps.

Bookmark   April 9, 2008 at 11:24AM
cecilia_md7a

I like Stone Mountain. I'm short and most shoulder bag straps are too long for me, but SM makes an assortment of hobos and other styles with straps that are long enough to sling over my shoulder but don't hit me below the hips!

Bookmark   April 11, 2008 at 1:35PM
Nike

I personally favor the Coach leather bags without the "C" print. They have these nice large silver buckles on their bags that add a lot of playfulness and class. I do have to admit that I also like my colorful Murakami Louis Vuitton bag also. ;P

Bookmark   April 28, 2008 at 2:17AM
ramrice

I've recently bought 2 Kathy Van Zeeland purses, I can't remember the name of the first, but the second one is called Angel Dust Hinge Satchel. It holds a lot, but looks chic. I also love that it has 2 outer pockets. I bought it on Ebay, because they run about $75 and up for the Kathy Van Zeeland brand.

Here is a link that might be useful: KVZ

Bookmark   April 28, 2008 at 9:53PM
diane_nj 6b/7a

Cole Haan. If they do have a logo or label on the outside, it is discreet. I hate the new Coach bags because of all of the logos and the large buckles (makes them too heavy), and I used to be a fan.

Bookmark   May 7, 2008 at 5:09PM
arizonarose

I love the coach purses! I have the cross body bag , the wristlet both signature, and a large leather brown with the chunky brass hardware. Love them all!

Bookmark   August 29, 2012 at 10:52AM
gr8daygw

I think Brighton has the best hobo bag I have found called the Barcelona Bag. It has a braided shoulder strap and it's just so pleasant to carry. I'm very picky and this one works well for me.

Bookmark   January 3, 2013 at 11:00PM
EmilyWood

I think thecustomclothing and ebags are good one.. The bags are very pretty and very comfortable to carry..

Bookmark   January 16, 2013 at 12:20AM
eclair

Coach!

I have three, and only one has the Cs all over, but it is black on black (it's made of fabric) so they're not really noticeable unless you're right up on top of the bag. It was my first Coach. It's five years old, looks brand new, and I still get compliments on it.

I have a cream-colored leather, satchel-type one that's probably three or four years old. It is without Cs all over it.

Lastly, I have a small leather orange-ish colored one that is without Cs all over it.

I'm not particularly "into" purses -- usually switch twice during the year -- one for summer and one for winter. I prefer quality over quantity, and I don't mind spending more for quality although I'm not so foolish as to pay retail -- all three of those purses, I bought on sale!

Bookmark   October 6, 2013 at 3:15PM
prachi123

I love bags a lot. Especially leather bags.
And i think Baggit is the best brand of bags. This brand has a huge collection of leather bags.

Bookmark   October 25, 2013 at 7:10AM
dena_eft

Man O Day, I love a Coach purse! :)

Bookmark   November 17, 2013 at 7:12PM
mrsdindinbaby

I second Cole Haan. Great quality and discreet branding. Nothing says, "look at me!" like a bag with a ton of logos on it.

Bookmark   November 21, 2013 at 10:32PM
eclair

Update to my earlier post.

I just added Coach's Madison Small Kelsey Satchel in Scarlet to my collection. She is beautiful and perfect -- not too small, not too large, and lightweight!

Merry Christmas to me!

Bookmark   November 26, 2013 at 11:00AM
More Discussions
You are over 60 with fine, thin, straight hair
that won't take a perm. How do you wear your hair?
pauline13
Suggestions for good hair cutting cape
I have a hair cutting kit which I use to cut my husband's...
peabody1
Eyeliner that will not smear? Have oily skin
Is there any other poster that has oily eye lids? I...
colorcrazy
My pants are too short!
I have two pairs of pants that are 97% cotton and 3%...
Valerie Emmerich
Skin Health Maintenance
Hi, I am 30 and need advice on my skin care/skin health...
alexander123
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™