Arts and Crafts glass light shades: slag glass?

jlc102482July 9, 2013

I intend to sell these but I don't know what to call them. I want to make sure I use the right keyword(s) in the ad so they can be found if someone is looking for something specific. What is the proper name for this type of glass? I keep thinking of slag glass, but I don't think that's correct. It's quite thick, marbled and has a pebbly texture on the outside.


The inside is smooth:


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Looks like slag glass to me.

    Bookmark   July 14, 2013 at 8:46AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Slag Glass...and they are quite attractive I like them very much...

    Bookmark   August 18, 2013 at 3:36PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Are garage sales a thing of the past?
Years ago when my mom and I had garage sales, our yard...
Question about Eastlake washstand that has two types of drawer joints
Hi. I recently purchased an antique washstand that...
Patricia Oliver
Name on artwork
I just got this photo today, have you ever hear of...
Age of this brass "hog scraper" candle holder?
Any idea on the age of this brass "hog scraper"...
Straw in dining chair cushions-- does this indicate a date?
Hi friends, I just bought a lovely antique dining table...
Sponsored Products
Afton Mirror by Uttermost
$217.80 | Lumens
P6829 LED Outdoor Step/Wall Light
LBC Lighting
Casa Series 30" Black Island Range Hood - 600 CFM
Signature Hardware
Warehouse of Tiffany Amber Turtle Accent Lamp
Marley Vallarta Transitional Turquoise Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Progress Lighting 8 In. Black Baffle Trim for Sloped CeilIngs P8000-31
$44.28 | Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™