Schlerotherapy

panzees36March 9, 2003

Has anyone had this done for spider or varicose veins?If so,how expensive is it and were the results good?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MsDevon

Id like to know as well...
_devon

Bookmark   March 14, 2003 at 4:34PM
krisb_tx8

Never had this. Here's the recent article from Marie Claire magazine. The lady (tester) had it done in New York, $350 per visit. She said it was painful because the needles were not small but worth it. After the legs got shot, they were wrapped with Ace bandages for 12 hours and wear support hose ($55) for 3 to 4 days. HTH.

Bookmark   March 19, 2003 at 12:37PM
thatgirl

I'm having it done wed, apr 23

Bookmark   April 23, 2003 at 5:11PM
MsDevon

let us know what happens...and good luck.
_devon

Bookmark   April 24, 2003 at 9:14PM
thatgirl

I had my veins done. I'm still a bit bruised but I have made an appt in 6 weeks to have it done again. Several of the veins on the outside of my legs are gone but the biggest one has faded but is still there. A second treatment should get it. I would recommend it!

Bookmark   May 12, 2003 at 11:58AM
Jaime

Not that, but I've had big varicose veins on the inside of my thigh surgically removed, if that will help any. It's been two years now and all I have are 6 little scars, about a centimeter in length and very unnoticable. And honestly the best part about it, besides the look, is that I have not had a varicose vein leg ache since. Jaime

Bookmark   May 17, 2003 at 1:41AM
thatgirl

I'm not even going to have a second treatment. After my bruises cleared up all the spider veins were gone or not noticeable!

Bookmark   May 19, 2003 at 11:01AM
MsDevon

Thatgirl,
Can I please be nosey and ask what you paid? Congratulations on the sucess of the procedure. TIA

-Devon

Bookmark   May 21, 2003 at 1:21AM
thatgirl

354 for an hour treatment. All other treatments are at 6 week intervals and are 129 each. I'm not going to do any more now 'cause he got the really bad ones.

Bookmark   May 21, 2003 at 3:19PM
jeannettec

The brochure on schlerotherapy I got from my doctor says that a staining under the skin can occur (from the iron in the blood that leaks out) and that it can take 6-12 months for the body to reabsorb the iron. The staining is most likely to occur with larger veins, which I have. Did anyone have this staining occur? Can it be covered with make-up or self-tanner? If it looks as bad as the veins, then maybe I'll wait to have this done. Thanks.

Bookmark   January 18, 2006 at 2:22PM
riverrat1

I had to have iron shots in the rear end when I was preggers with my first DD. That was 27 years ago. I remember that iron staining on my rear end lasting for several years. I'm not sure if it's the same thing but something to think about.

Bookmark   January 18, 2006 at 10:07PM
More Discussions
Facial Hair from upper lip
Hi All upper lip I have an embrassing problem with...
Angel1977
Skimmer shoes....socks, knee-his, or bare feet?
I know it's a weird question...but ...I hate wearing...
marc_ia
testing
Spirea reverting.
catkin
My pants are too short!
I have two pairs of pants that are 97% cotton and 3%...
Valerie Emmerich
Best top for khaki skirt
I have a denim khaki skirt that I like a lot. What...
arizonarose
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™