virco conversion problems with quick disconnect

superflygrillguyOctober 20, 2002

I remember reading somewhere about not adequate flames when using quick disconnect hose after LP to NG conversion. I remember it having to do with incompatibility with flared outlets and nonflared outlets. Does anbody know what I am talking about the the link to where it was that someone has talked about this?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
superflygrillguy

the other end hooks that hooks up to the house is 3/8" BUT MY HOUSE OUTLET IS 1/2". Thus I have to put an adapter. But I think it is the adapter that is causing problems. I am using a gas fitting made for gas dryer labelled : 3/8 in. O.D. Flare x 1/2 in. Female Thread from Brasscraft bought at Home Depot. I remember reading somewhere about flared parts and non-flared parts incompatibility.

When I first lit the first burner everything looked OK. But the 2nd burner wouldn't light even though I seea spark produced by the ignitor. Then I turned off the first burner and the 2nd would light. Finally, got two burners going but noticed that they are very dimly on. I drilled the orifices to 20K btu standards in case you are wondering (1.93 mm).

Thanks for any reply.

Bookmark   October 21, 2002 at 4:35PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
superflygrillguy

Figured it out:

If you have the Charbroil 12' quick disconnect hose, the end that goes into the house is a pipe thread. You cannot connect it to a flare thread. I have a 1\2" pipe thread outlet at my house. But the adapter I used was a flare thread!! WRONG!! Anyway this may be very simple for some, but it may help others.

Bookmark   October 21, 2002 at 8:42PM
More Discussions
Rebuild a Weber Silver-b grille?
I have a 8 year old Weber Silver-B grille. Is been...
shw104
Best Gas Grill
We are building a new home and looking to build an...
litlmikeyb
Need suggestion for a gas cooktop to use outdoor
Can someone please suggest a gas cooktop/burner that...
Novie
Smokers
I'm thinking about getting my husband a smoker, and...
pondpal
Ignighter problem with Weber or Dukane Gas Grill
Ignitor Problem with Weber or Dukane Grill- I have...
etbrown4
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™