help with Virco conversion

superflygrillguyOctober 16, 2002

I am trying to convert the Virco, first by replacing the orifices. However, I cannot seem to remove the burners. I have unscrewed the nut in the back already. But I cannot seem to lift off the burner. To me it seems the ignitor is in the way. Customer service says I should be able to just wiggle it out or bend the ignitor to the side, but I don't want to use any excessive force. Any suggestions on this key step?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
superflygrillguy

Well it seems that no one has any thoughts so I will probably have to open up the front panel.

Second question:
Do I have to use a quick-disconnect hose? Can I just use a regular hose for household appliances especially if I don't plan on moving it around much? Are those hose gonna be weather resistant enough for outdoors? Anybody know how much they are compared to the $36 Charbroil quick disconnect hose of Home Depot?

Bookmark   October 17, 2002 at 6:37PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Deeta

superfly;

I'll start off by stating that I'm no expert so use at your discretion.

You don't have to use a disconnect although that is what I'm in the process of using.

I have used a reg appliance hose outdoors for many years on my spa heater with no problem but my plumber and general contractor thought it was risky so use your own judgement. I think they are about $15 depending on the length

Bookmark   October 21, 2002 at 12:31PM
More Discussions
Member's Mark Gas Grills Part 3 (Continued Discussion)
This discussion thread is about the Member's Mark stainless...
Ladd
what equipment should be bring in Barbecue
I'm going to and my friends crazy once before back...
junho
Front Avenue grill at Costco
Do you know anything about this grill? Not sure what...
susanf242
How long one can use Grill (Life time)
Hi, My previous owner left us Grand Turbo grill by...
ritholtz
Ceramic vs Gas - is it practical?
I will be installing a new grill this summer in an...
Lucky_Rugger
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™