I have these 2 beautiful pieces and need information

TigerdmwJuly 15, 2011

I inherited these two beautiful pieces that were my Great Grandmothers. I've had them about 4 years now but my home is small and I just don't have the space to keep them any longer. Can anyone give me some information on what they are? I've looked at what feels like a million pictures of Italian and French pieces but don't know the details to decide which type they are. Given my Great grandmother's heritage, I'm leaning toward Italian but would love to know for sure.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Here is a link to pictures: http://ImageEvent.com/roskovalley/itemsforsale

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

You're right probably Italian.

Bookmark   July 15, 2011 at 9:17AM
calliope

What a beautiful piece! This is off the wall, but I chuckled when I saw the reflection of the dog in the mirror. What breed is it?

Bookmark   July 15, 2011 at 12:36PM
centralcacyclist

Pretty pieces! I have no info to share about those but the dog looks to be a Rat Terrier!

Bookmark   July 15, 2011 at 7:42PM
lazy_gardens

1920s or 1930s veneered dresser and buffet in a European influenced style. The veneered curved piece was possible because of the aircraft industry's work in steam molding shapes.

Mass produced, but they are becoming rare if in good condition.

Bookmark   July 15, 2011 at 9:03PM
Tigerdmw

Thank you all for your help. Yes the dog is a rat terrier. Her name is Tori and she is a Grand Champion. We raise and show Rat Terriers. She is 6 now and retired (as you can see by her new retired figure), and a real joy to have around! While I don't know much about antiques, Rats I KNOW! LOL

Bookmark   July 15, 2011 at 10:32PM
sjarz

Calliope did you see the other dog checking out the little fella? That is priceless!
Beautiful furniture, seems a shame not to keep it in the family, but I know that can become burdensome especially when the next generations don't see it as something of value.
Suzan J

Bookmark   July 17, 2011 at 1:06AM
calliope

She was just admiring her own reflection, wasn't she? I thought she was a rattie. My friend has four of them, and I can see where she'd be a champion.

Bookmark   July 17, 2011 at 1:56AM
antiquesilver

I like photo #4 where the big dog is peeking around the corner & the rattie reflection seems to be staring straight at him.

Bookmark   July 18, 2011 at 2:23PM
calliope

OMGosh...........when Suzan mentioned the other dog, I went back to the photos and looked and completely missed it when I was actually looking for it. LOL. There is another dog, and it is B-I-G. Sort of like trying to find the hidden object.

Bookmark   July 18, 2011 at 6:26PM
lindac

Could it be a "rottie" and a "rattie"? LOL!
And I think it's obvious which is boss dog!

Bookmark   July 18, 2011 at 7:07PM
centralcacyclist

A Rat Terrier is always the one in charge. :) I had one for a few years. She was a hoot.

Bookmark   July 18, 2011 at 8:05PM
Chloe1254

I have a dresser in somewhat the same style, from the 1920's I believe. The legs and wheels are exactly the same. My dresser is split matched birdseye veneers and inlays but with a solid top and I see yours is veneered on the top. Nice piece.
I love your mirror - it's really gorgeous!
My vote for the big doggie is Great Dane.

Bookmark   July 18, 2011 at 11:30PM
More Discussions
Assistance regarding Lofisa Porcelain
Can anyone shed some light on this piece? I bought...
imaztribabe
W H Grindley Satin White
Can someone help me to identify the pattern? The stamp...
TulipWoolf
What is this?
Picked up at a thrift store. Any ideas?
CathyChex
Need help identifying this lamp.
Please see the picture below. The lamp was originally...
Chuck Wert
help identifying antique table
I found this table at an estate sale for 45 dollars....
moya0311
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™