Does anybody use pink lipstick?

pump_toadMarch 5, 2007

I am wondering if anyone has a favorite shade of pink lipstick and if so what brand and shade. I am not looking for a gloss just a pretty pink. So many of the lipsticks popular are just too dark for me.

Lois

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zoewolf

Yea, my favorite shade of pink is made by Wild and Crazy(cheap) and the shade is "Hotty" C148 (I think). I have used it so much, that the writting is kinda smeared.

Bookmark   March 5, 2007 at 9:32PM
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7

I like a shade by Maybelline from their Wet Diamonds collection. Ruby Desire is wonderful for me; I have very fair skin and caramely brown hair. I've been through about 20 tubes so far.

Bookmark   March 6, 2007 at 6:25PM
pump_toad

Well, guess there are not many pink lipstick users.Probably that is why Lancome and others have the dark shades of lipstick in their free gifts with purchase.
Thanks to you both.
Lois

Bookmark   March 7, 2007 at 4:41PM
mitchdesj

I like brownish pinks so that it looks like a natural lip color; I avoid orangy bases. I'm also looking for a nice pink, lighter but not too light.
If you try the sheer colorsticks, you might not find them so dark.

I'm using right now a clinique stick that is called "almost blush", it looks dark but goes on sheer so it's just right.
You might like some of their other shades of that type, it's a long slender tube, not the regular lipstick size.

Bookmark   March 8, 2007 at 3:16AM
ponderinstuff

I like luxe which is a nuetral brown, but looks pinkish on my lips.

I also like a couple of the pink shades Mary Kay carries. They stay on better than Lancomes and less expesive. I wish I knew the name, but one of them is a fairly vivid blue pink, but with a peachy or beige gloss over it I love it.

Bookmark   March 9, 2007 at 9:31PM
momcat2000

I use any color of pink, i wear alot of pink so it's all good to me...

Bookmark   March 18, 2007 at 7:22PM
labmomma

I love all pinks for spring and summer. I also like it to stay put. I always use Revlon Colorstay since you can put it on for an evening out and wakeup with it on! I just picked up a nice natural pink called Eternal Petal. It is very close to my own lip color. That said, I also like the pinks that are lighter and more shimmery.

I've just ordered a pink from Avon - I think its called Twig that all the gals at work wear. It's also a pretty natural looking pink, and I am hoping it looks as good on me as it does the gals I've seen it on.

Bookmark   March 19, 2007 at 2:37PM
mitchdesj

Mac has a color called Twig, a brownish pink; I still have the bottom of a tube left and I'm hanging on to it.

I must have a dozen lipsticks here and there; I love them all.
Yet, I still stop by the cosmetic counter and look at what's new.

Liptsticks and scented body lotions, can't resist.

Bookmark   March 19, 2007 at 6:52PM
ruthz

I like Covergirl 'Rose Quartz' and Lancome 'Champagne'.

Bookmark   March 4, 2008 at 10:59PM
bnicebkind

Estee Lauder makes really good pinks.

Bookmark   March 5, 2008 at 10:47AM
jcrowley99

Clinique has some good pinks that range in coverage from a matte full coverage to a glossy light coverage. My favorite is I'm Yours which is one of their Color Surge Buttershine Lipsticks. It is a sheer, sparkely, soft pink. I also like Lustrous from their Long Last Lipstick line. It offers more coverage and less shine, but is still a pretty color. Not too pale and not too dark or bright.

Bookmark   March 6, 2008 at 9:53AM
scarlett2001

Yes, I use pink always. Red looks too made up for me. I want a job namimg lipsticks! Somebody does that all day and gets paid for it.

Bookmark   March 6, 2008 at 2:31PM
sue43

My favorite is Revlon #450, called Gentlemen Prefer Pink.

Bookmark   March 30, 2008 at 3:37PM
thecitychicken

The only lipsticks I use are ones that "stain" the lips because I don't like gunk on my lips. So I use any of those "mood changer" ones. They stain the lips pink. I wish they stained them a different color but it's always pink. The plus side is that the color lasts at least 24 hours, even tho there is nothing on your lips.

Bookmark   March 31, 2008 at 12:56AM
decorpas

burt's bees makes a nice sheer pink for summer that conditions your lips and feels great! it looks white almost, but goes on shimmery pink.

i use pinks from all kinds of lines, but i like the glosses for a natural but healthy look. mac makes some good glosses- those jelly tubes. very subtle.

Bookmark   April 9, 2008 at 11:50AM
cecilia_md7a

I agree that Revlon has a nice assortment of pinks, although some of them are called "mauve" or "rose." Wish I could remember all the numbers of the ones I use - I think there's 460, 463, and 467, among others.

Bookmark   April 11, 2008 at 1:33PM
More Discussions
Can a fiftyish woman have oily skin?
What exactly is oily skin? I have an oily T zone, doesn't...
bossyvossy
Good night cream
I have tried a number of night creams and wondered...
gumspring45
What is a good face cream to use,that WORKS?
I think I've tried every brand of face creams,night...
Dotty9
Best top for khaki skirt
I have a denim khaki skirt that I like a lot. What...
arizonarose
You are over 60 with fine, thin, straight hair
that won't take a perm. How do you wear your hair?
pauline13
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™