Can someone reccomend a gas grill?

hawkdriverSeptember 9, 2007

I was at Home Depot looking at grills, and I want to buy a nice grill. I would really like to buy a Weber, but feel that the price is VER high. Is there a better bang for the buck? Some of these non Weber grills have some nice features.

Is what I dont want is to have some "rikkety" piece of junk in a few years. Can I get a nice grill for less than $500? Can someone please post some good suggestions as well as where to buy?

I dont need a side burner, but if its there its ok. I also will likely only need a moderate amount of cooking space as we are only a family of three and rarely have anyone over. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Kyle

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hey_starfish

Go back to the Home Depot BBQ department or the special order desk and have them price you a Bull BBQ "Texan" cart. Top quality + low price + nationwide availability + ease of replacement parts if necessary = best value.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bull BBQ Texan

Bookmark   September 12, 2007 at 11:02PM
hawkdriver

I'd like to check that out.

Anyone else have anything hey would advise me to get?

Kyle

Bookmark   September 15, 2007 at 10:16AM
lacoquina

I have a Weber Genesis Gold grill and I am madly in love with it. I have had it since last December and I use it almost every day. I got it on sale and it was, I think $550 and worth every cent. It has stainless everything: lid, cabinet, burners, grills, corian-type side work surfaces including two that fold down or up. Plenty of storage underneath. Three cooking zones. Easy to use, easy to clean, works flawlessly. Cannot say enough good things about this grill. Plus parts are readily available and reasonable if it ever needs them. This is a big deal with regard to grill longevity.

I would not recommend a side burner. Most of the time they don't have the BTUs to work very well. I had one on my last grill and never used it. I now have a camp stove that I use if I need burners. It has 3 very high BTU burners but even so, I don't use it much either.

Bookmark   October 1, 2007 at 8:18PM
lacoquina

Here is a link to the grill. Apparently it's been discontinued but there are new models that are similar. It seems the reviewer likes this grill as much as I do.

Here is a link that might be useful: Weber Genesis Gold Grill

Bookmark   October 1, 2007 at 8:22PM
maduce

Check out BBQ's Galore - they have deal on Turbo!

Here is a link that might be useful: BBQ's Galore

Bookmark   May 4, 2008 at 3:42PM
More Discussions
Bakers and Chefs gas grills ????
Anybody know about these grills that Sam's Clubs sell...
jimt
Ceramic vs Gas - is it practical?
I will be installing a new grill this summer in an...
Lucky_Rugger
Rebuild a Weber Silver-b grille?
I have a 8 year old Weber Silver-B grille. Is been...
shw104
Smokin-it Smokers
Smokin-it now has a 4 smoker line up. Judging from...
dcrb
What are your most useful appliances in outdoor kitchen
We are in the design stages for our outdoor grilling...
squwhat
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™