Front Avenue grill at Costco

susanf242September 28, 2004

Do you know anything about this grill? Not sure what a Virco is but the Back Page of the Product Guide lists Char Broil as the contact.

If I remember correctly it is a 40,000 BTU grill with smoker tray, rotisserie, 12,000 BTU side burner (not sure I would use that). Really good warrantee, the space below the grill is enclosed and the doors have condiment holders attached (small thing I know(.

If I remember the price correctly it is $349. They sold alot of these this summer and they are now back in the store. This grill seems to have everything I would want, including optional conversion kit to natural gas and grill cover.

Any comments? Our previous grill went up in flames (ummm . . . really it was rust) . . .

Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wizardnm

no idea

Bookmark   April 8, 2005 at 8:46PM
buffylou

i don't know anything about it, but i'm also in the market so will be watching your post! DG has his eye on some fancy schmancy weber that's about $700 - yikes.

Bookmark   May 14, 2005 at 3:04PM
dogwood2

I bought my Front Avenue in 2003. But I'm having a terrible time finding a part for it. The part I need is not depicted in the foldout assembly instructions. Looking for it on the Char Broil official website is a total loss. Grill Lovers was not much help as well as a slew of grill parts vendors on the net. There is not even a depiction or part number for the burners! If they cannot be replaced as much as I like the grill for the price I would not buy another one. Thanks to anyone who can offer some assistance.

Bookmark   September 27, 2006 at 1:59PM
indian35

i purchased a Front Avenue grill a few years ago and it has been great! Mine is out at the beach and is exposed to pretty harsh conditions for about 8 months per year. it has held up surprisingly well but i must admit that i take care of it... periodic cleaning and covered (with cover provided)i found replacement parts very easy to get at Charbroil's Grill Lovers site. (1800 993 2677) They even honored my warantee (that i did not know existed) so the parts were free! YOU MUST KNOW YOUR MODEL # AND PART #!!!! those numbers are all avail on Charbroil's site under the manual section. overall i give the grill an A.

Bookmark   October 9, 2006 at 12:57PM
grilllover

I think it's a great grill for the price but parts are a problem .. most grills that are made in china if you don't have problems finding parts now you will .... if you are in high humidity areas you need to worry about rusting .. although they are stainless steel they arn't the standard 304 stainless steel .. which Higher end grills are made of .. and the guy above had to get parts after a couple of years .. you could get a weber in that price range and not have any problems for years to come.

Bookmark   October 16, 2006 at 1:51PM
albackore

I assume we're all talking about the same Costco Grill made by CharBroil - model #463242304. If that's the case, I found another site, not yet mentioned:

http://www.appliancefactoryparts.com/gasgrillparts/helpcenter/breakdowns/charbroil/charbroil-463242304.html

It's got a nice exploded diagram of our grill and lists all the parts. Only a few of the parts are available here, but what I needed to know was the exact part numbers and this sure helped.

Here is a link that might be useful: Appliance Factory Parts

Bookmark   November 19, 2006 at 1:34PM
auldreekie

Anyone know of a supplier who will ship spare parts to the UK?

Bookmark   April 11, 2008 at 11:13AM
HS2323_aol_com

I bought my model 463242304 from Costco ll years ago. The igniter doesnt work and there are rusted areas in the burners so they flame in the wrong places. I live in the San Fernando Valley and would like to hire a knowledgeable repair man to put it back in shape - unless it costs more to fix it than to buy a new one. I am 90 or I would try it myself. I still have the original product guide and the Costo receipt. Thanks for your help.

Bookmark   March 23, 2011 at 5:00PM
dolangs4_aol_com

bought my 463230703 which sounds similar at costco several years ago front ave.,is the name still have it but replace many parts over the years, but i use it every weekend all year long and do a tremendous amount of cooking on it ,can't really complain about it go to front avenue gas grill parts and you will find what you need . i burned out all my other grils within a year, this one held up

Bookmark   March 27, 2011 at 9:10PM
ceb48_hotmail_com

They have a really good warranty that you can find on Page 3 of the manual. If you no longer have the manual, you can read it on line at http://www.charbroil.com/Support/ProductLookup.aspx , if course you have to enter your model number and most people are looking for the Front Avenue Series #463242304. As an example, Cast Iron burners are covered as long as you own the grill. Ignitions, 10 years. Stainless and die cast parts 99 years.

Here is a link that might be useful: Char-Broil (Front Avenue) home page

Bookmark   August 12, 2011 at 2:33PM
cyhh_att_net

For those of you having trouble finding parts, you might call Costco. They have a lifetime warranty on most of their products and you might be able to either return it for a refund or exchange it for a new one. One of the main reasons we shop there.
Call your local store and check. Good luck!

Bookmark   September 20, 2011 at 9:10PM
arf1410

I've got a lot of rust to the point of failure of several burners. The warranty terms are long for "defects in workmanship and materials" ...will they honor rust under the warranty, or will they say that is normal wear and tear?

Bookmark   May 27, 2012 at 3:45PM
who8dapple

I also have the Costco - Front Avenue by CharBroil/Model # 463230703.

I recall purchasing this for the lifetime warranty, but cannot locate the original paper work. They had replaced the grill/grate several years ago, but it has rusted out again... now, with all three burners and flame tamers. WIll CharBroil replace all the parts if contacted?

It will cost over $200 to purchase all the components, and may not be worth the price when I can easily invest in a Weber! Any thoughts?

Bookmark   June 12, 2012 at 3:17PM
kingmidas_007

i have CharBroil/Model # 463230703. Bought in 2003. My burners are getting toasted. I called Charbroil and they said my warranty on the burners have expired in 2013. The new cost for one burner is about $50. Found another web site for $18 for one burner, same model and all.

Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 4:25PM
More Discussions
Smokin-it Smokers
Smokin-it now has a 4 smoker line up. Judging from...
dcrb
Ironworks gas grill
Greetings, Does anyone have any experience or knowledge...
sundance1
lynx or dcs best prices?
I had posted this in the appliance section but this...
nolacls
Cooking ribs on a gas grill ??
I posted this on the cooking forum, then realized there's...
cookingrvc
Do you need to secure a grill on the patio?
I live in a state that gets tornado warnings on occasion...
ncdel
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™