LOOKING for: how to cook buffalo wings?

Carroll_BSeptember 13, 2002

I want to grill some buffalo wings this weekend along with the burgers and dogs. Would it work to microwave the wings in a covered dish for maybe 10-15 minutes, then dip them in spices and place on the grill to crisp the skin and seasonings? Would I need to microwave them longer to insure they are done?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Beano

Just my preference, but I'd spice them raw, then oven cook on a greased cookie sheet for about 20-25 minutes at 375-400. Microwaves tend to make the meat rubbery. Once outta the oven, coat 'em with Frank's Red Hot and pitch them onto the grill for 3-5 a side. Serve w/ blue cheese dressing or as is. Yum!

B

Bookmark   September 13, 2002 at 7:18PM
ann_t

Made these just the other night. I don't toss with a sauce after they are cooked because I like them to stay crisp while I am eating them. I dip each one in sauce as I consume them.

Melt butter or margarine and mix with some garlic powder and lots of cayenne pepper. Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 450°F to 475°F for 15 to 20 minutes and then turn and cook until cooked and nice and brown.

Have the grill hot. Place the wings on the grill and cook for a few minutes on each side. Serve with your favourite BBQ dipping sauce.

Since I am already being bad, I also make homemade french fries to go with them. LOL

Ann.

Bookmark   September 13, 2002 at 11:36PM
bsbbq

I also use the Frank's hot sauce, but I cook them completely on the grill. I use the fresh ones and section them myself. I get the grill up to temp using the low setting on all burners. Once the grill is ready, I have my fresh sectioned wings that are rubbed in olive oil and place them on the grill. I usually cook about eighty at a time. Cooking them on low takes about an hour for eighty wings, turning about every 10 minutes or so, but it is worth it. They come out nice and crispy, but I can't deal with soggy or fleshy wings. Once they are cooked, I put them all in a big covered pan and toss in a mixture of 2 cups Frank's Red Hot Sauce, 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/2 cup butter, and 1 teaspoon ceyenne pepper all mixed together. Shake 'em up and serve 'em with blue cheese and celery. YUM!!

Bookmark   September 14, 2002 at 12:19AM
Beano

yes, but can you *eat* eighty at a time!!!

B

Bookmark   September 14, 2002 at 5:41PM
bsbbq

My family of six does!

Bookmark   September 14, 2002 at 9:15PM
More Discussions
Ceramic vs Gas - is it practical?
I will be installing a new grill this summer in an...
Lucky_Rugger
How long one can use Grill (Life time)
Hi, My previous owner left us Grand Turbo grill by...
ritholtz
Lion Grill
I'm thinking about getting a Lion grill for a new outdoor...
winnetka75
Need suggestion for a gas cooktop to use outdoor
Can someone please suggest a gas cooktop/burner that...
Novie
how to remove paint stain from stainless steel bbq?
someone spilled what appears to be stain or paint on...
wantboost
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™