LOOKING for: how to cook buffalo wings?

Carroll_BSeptember 13, 2002

I want to grill some buffalo wings this weekend along with the burgers and dogs. Would it work to microwave the wings in a covered dish for maybe 10-15 minutes, then dip them in spices and place on the grill to crisp the skin and seasonings? Would I need to microwave them longer to insure they are done?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Beano

Just my preference, but I'd spice them raw, then oven cook on a greased cookie sheet for about 20-25 minutes at 375-400. Microwaves tend to make the meat rubbery. Once outta the oven, coat 'em with Frank's Red Hot and pitch them onto the grill for 3-5 a side. Serve w/ blue cheese dressing or as is. Yum!

B

Bookmark   September 13, 2002 at 7:18PM
ann_t

Made these just the other night. I don't toss with a sauce after they are cooked because I like them to stay crisp while I am eating them. I dip each one in sauce as I consume them.

Melt butter or margarine and mix with some garlic powder and lots of cayenne pepper. Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 450°F to 475°F for 15 to 20 minutes and then turn and cook until cooked and nice and brown.

Have the grill hot. Place the wings on the grill and cook for a few minutes on each side. Serve with your favourite BBQ dipping sauce.

Since I am already being bad, I also make homemade french fries to go with them. LOL

Ann.

Bookmark   September 13, 2002 at 11:36PM
bsbbq

I also use the Frank's hot sauce, but I cook them completely on the grill. I use the fresh ones and section them myself. I get the grill up to temp using the low setting on all burners. Once the grill is ready, I have my fresh sectioned wings that are rubbed in olive oil and place them on the grill. I usually cook about eighty at a time. Cooking them on low takes about an hour for eighty wings, turning about every 10 minutes or so, but it is worth it. They come out nice and crispy, but I can't deal with soggy or fleshy wings. Once they are cooked, I put them all in a big covered pan and toss in a mixture of 2 cups Frank's Red Hot Sauce, 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/2 cup butter, and 1 teaspoon ceyenne pepper all mixed together. Shake 'em up and serve 'em with blue cheese and celery. YUM!!

Bookmark   September 14, 2002 at 12:19AM
Beano

yes, but can you *eat* eighty at a time!!!

B

Bookmark   September 14, 2002 at 5:41PM
bsbbq

My family of six does!

Bookmark   September 14, 2002 at 9:15PM
More Discussions
Front Avenue grill at Costco
Do you know anything about this grill? Not sure what...
susanf242
Ignighter problem with Weber or Dukane Gas Grill
Ignitor Problem with Weber or Dukane Grill- I have...
etbrown4
Smokin-it Smokers
Smokin-it now has a 4 smoker line up. Judging from...
dcrb
Need suggestion for a gas cooktop to use outdoor
Can someone please suggest a gas cooktop/burner that...
Novie
Best Gas Grill
We are building a new home and looking to build an...
litlmikeyb
Sponsored Products
Javed Rug 9'6" x 13'6"
$2,229.00 | Horchow
Ball Basket Five Arms Chandelier by Hubbardton Forge
$630.00 | Lumens
Victoria Purple Tinged Crystal Candlestick Holder
Classic Hostess
ET2 Fizz 5" Wide Bubble Glass and Chrome Wall Sconce
Euro Style Lighting
Black Eiffel Slope Chair in Blue
$129.99 | Dot & Bo
Marble Dining Room base and 79" tempered Glass top - BYZANCE
Living'ROC
Limerick Turrit Transitional Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Safavieh Hand-woven Sisal Natural/ Beige Seagrass Runner (2'6 x 16')
Overstock.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™