Outdoor Kitchens Anyone?

jescatSeptember 10, 2008

I am re-doing the entire backyard....even building inground pool and would love to start outdoor kitchen project next. Has anyone recently put one in? I'd like to see "real" pics and share ideas.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Suzi AKA DesertDance

I wish I knew how to post pics. I had one built along with the pool. It has the same granite tiles on the counter and raised bar as the kitchen, and looks lovely from the kitchen. Continuity and all that!

I put 20" tiles all the way around the bar sides to that those who sit there won't kick holes in the stucco. It's decorative and nice.

It has a built in sink with cold water, and a UL certified for outdoor use refrigerator.

It has a Pacific Gas Specialties drop in gas BBQ complete with infrared rotisserie.

There are 2 electric outlets which get used for all kinds of things.

There is a corner umbrella hole also.

What would I do different?

I'd have built in lighting.. Like a swirly modern overhead thing with drop lights on it or something (the airport bar in Vancouver has a perfect example), anchored by poles at each corner. We currently plug in a lamp and deal with it!

I'd have removable shelves built into the under BBQ access. Removable because sometimes you have to crawl under there.

I'd have a burner built in also.

Granite (although beautiful) gets HOT in summer, and FFFFrrreeezing in winter. I might pick a more user friendly bar top if I did it over. Something that is not so heat and cold conductive. My furniture is teak, and I'm thinking of a temporary teak top custom made to sit on top of the granite when people come over. No one wants to fry their arms when sitting at a bar!!

Hope these suggestions help. Sorry about my inability to post pics.

Suzi

Bookmark   December 15, 2008 at 1:24PM
Suzi AKA DesertDance

Well, it's not the best or the biggest outdoor kitchen, but it works for me!! Took forever to figure out how to post a link: http://s430.photobucket.com/albums/qq26/DesertDance/?action=share&pic=Built-inBBQFridgeSinkGraniteBar.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   December 15, 2008 at 1:52PM
homefyres

I would suggest you peruse the BBQ Source Forums - they have an extensive outdoor kitchen area.

Here is a link that might be useful: BBQ Source Forums

Bookmark   April 14, 2009 at 12:43PM
willinak

Link no workee

Bookmark   April 22, 2009 at 3:32PM
More Discussions
Holland Grill Use - Am I wrong???
Hello Holland Grill users... we bought a Classic several...
Radman
Stereo for BBQ Island
Hello - Anyone have an outdoor stereo installed in...
wardman
Smokers
I'm thinking about getting my husband a smoker, and...
pondpal
Bakers and Chefs gas grills ????
Anybody know about these grills that Sam's Clubs sell...
jimt
Best Gas Grill
We are building a new home and looking to build an...
litlmikeyb
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™