Ducane versus Weber advice

romesSeptember 10, 2002

HELP! I'm pulling my hair out over what shouldn't be too hard a decision. I am considering purchasing either a Weber Genesis Gold B or a Ducane 1305. They seems pretty much apples to apples in most categories (grill size, extras, price, etc.). I would like an objective, informed opinion (as much as is possible) on which is the better product. Right now I am leaning toward the Ducane.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ann_t

Well I have never cooked on or owned a Ducane, but i have owned a Weber and I really liked my WEber. One of the things that I especially like was the way the burners lite, from front, centre and back, rather than one side or the other.

I loved to cook chicken on the weber. Placing the chicken in the middle and turning the middle burner off and just having the front and back burners going. Didn't need a rotissiere with this type of set up. And never had major flare ups. After a move to BC i was ready to upgrade and was talked into going with a DCS rather than the higher end weber, and as much as I love my DCS i know that i would have been happy with the WEber and it would have been less expensive.

Ann.

Bookmark   September 10, 2002 at 1:35PM
More Discussions
Rebuild a Weber Silver-b grille?
I have a 8 year old Weber Silver-B grille. Is been...
shw104
Best Gas Grill
We are building a new home and looking to build an...
litlmikeyb
Charcoal grills and/or Volcanic rock grills coming back
Someone was telling me that lots of people are turning...
summerstar
Smokers
I'm thinking about getting my husband a smoker, and...
pondpal
Member's Mark Gas Grills Part 3 (Continued Discussion)
This discussion thread is about the Member's Mark stainless...
Ladd
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™