BGE vs grill dome vs primo

pat512September 7, 2007

I am wanting to purchase a ceramic grill. Does anyone have feedback both pros or cons on choosing between the Big Green Egg, Grill Dome or Primo?

Thanks,

Pat

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grillwithskill

Not to confuse you further, but if you are shopping for a ceramic grill/smoker, you might also want to check out the Kamado - see link below.

I've heard very good things about them. Also, if you look up the user "KurtV" at grillwithskill.com, he is an avid Kamado owner and might be able to give you more information on ceramics in general.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kamado

Bookmark   September 10, 2007 at 4:02AM
hey_starfish

Avoid Primo Grill, absolutely horrible customer service. When new these ceramic cookers are real nice. Unfortunately as I later found out these cookers crack fairly often. Once cracked, getting a replacement under warranty is impossible. If your local dealer does not provide service or parts to any of these cookers do yourself a favor and tell them to keep it.

Bookmark   September 12, 2007 at 10:56PM
pat512

Thank you for the input. After a lot of research I decided to go with the Grill Dome. I have read that they have wonderful customer service, an incredible product and it was nice to be able to talk with the owner himself when decided which size, color, etc. to buy.

I did try to reach the Kamado people but they don't answer their phones or respond to their e-mails. Not a good sign when I'm inquiring about a purchase. Maybe they're quicker to respond to complaints, but I'm not taking a chance.

Pat

Bookmark   September 25, 2007 at 4:19PM
More Discussions
Front Avenue grill at Costco
Do you know anything about this grill? Not sure what...
susanf242
Charcoal grills and/or Volcanic rock grills coming back
Someone was telling me that lots of people are turning...
summerstar
Windbreak for BBQ
We live in an area that is extremely windy at times....
ijensen
Stereo for BBQ Island
Hello - Anyone have an outdoor stereo installed in...
wardman
What are your most useful appliances in outdoor kitchen
We are in the design stages for our outdoor grilling...
squwhat
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™