Side burner recommendation

bluehaven_gwebSeptember 27, 2013

I am looking for a side burner to put in our outdoor built-in kitchen. Looking for something more powerful than a 15,000BTU (heard from friends that a 15,000btu is not really good for blackening fish or frying outside). Any recommendation on one that you like that is also not way too expensive.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wheely_boy

Not sure if this is an option for you but I bought my grill before side burners were in vogue and I often found myself needing another appliance to cook things off of the grill surface. Since my grill is near an electric outlet I bought an electric hot plate.

Bookmark   October 6, 2013 at 9:56AM
nolacls

I know DCS has some that are 17,500 but that is the biggest btu side burner I have seen. Does 2,500 more BTUs make that much difference....id like to know.

They make power burners that put out more...like 60k btus but they are bigger single burner styles.

Bookmark   April 30, 2014 at 10:30AM
saeyedoc

Just bought a Firemagic power burner, 60k BTUs, got lucky and found a floor model

Bookmark   May 1, 2014 at 2:52PM
stevep2005

Napoleon has an infra red side cart burner that will have no problem getting you to temperature and fast. Lynx has a built in side burner that goes to 46,000 BTU and a dual 15k side cart burner (crazy $ though).

Bookmark   May 21, 2014 at 2:04PM
compumom

I'm unsure what my DCS burner output is, however I used it for the first time yesterday and it boiied water more quickly than my DCS cooktop in the kitchen. Mine came free on a promo with the bbq, however yesterday was the first time I put it to the test. FYI it's a double sideburner.

Bookmark   May 28, 2014 at 4:07AM
More Discussions
Rebuild a Weber Silver-b grille?
I have a 8 year old Weber Silver-B grille. Is been...
shw104
How long one can use Grill (Life time)
Hi, My previous owner left us Grand Turbo grill by...
ritholtz
What are your most useful appliances in outdoor kitchen
We are in the design stages for our outdoor grilling...
squwhat
Ironworks gas grill
Greetings, Does anyone have any experience or knowledge...
sundance1
Need suggestion for a gas cooktop to use outdoor
Can someone please suggest a gas cooktop/burner that...
Novie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™