Ireland's Pit BBQ

zorro55555August 7, 2002

Does anyone remember an Ireland's Pit Bar-B-Que (brand name)that came in a can? It was most prevelent in East Texas around the mid fifties. It was really good and have been unable to duplicate or find anything like it here in Washington state.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bsbbq

Have never seen it.

Bookmark   August 12, 2002 at 12:11PM
derfew

I remember Ireland's BBQ. It was in a can and I believe it was made in Ft. Worth, TX. I was a Boy Scout in Houston in the early 1960's, and I remember taking Ireland's BBB on campouts. Did you or anyone else ever find out anything about it?

Bookmark   October 7, 2007 at 2:40AM
stan41

Yes, I remember it from the 1960's. I liked it, but haven't seen any of it in years.
Stan

Bookmark   October 21, 2007 at 9:18PM
nascar_lover57_hotmail_com

It was still around in the early 70's because I used to fix it for my family. It was wonderful! Although it really didn't taste like BBQ, but had a great taste.

Bookmark   March 14, 2011 at 1:15PM
alellis1234_yahoo_com

Ireland's Bar-B-Que came into tow kinds. One chip beef, the other sliced beef. One of the cans was red the other in a green label can. Love to eat it.

Bookmark   May 17, 2011 at 10:33AM
bafossati_suddenlink_net

I sure do remember it. My Mom use to make our meals from scratch but when she had no time she'd pull out those
cans of BBQ. She was a great cook but we still looked
forward to Irelands.

Bookmark   June 8, 2011 at 12:58PM
billg325_gmail_com

I grew up in East Texas in the 50s and 60s, and remember it well. My mom would open a can, and we all really looked forward to it. Wish someone has the recipe and would share it.

Bookmark   July 9, 2011 at 2:16PM
mucho_hot

To: zorro55555
Yep I remember that stuff well. I remember it came in a green can. I remember that just before they went "kaput", they changed the recipe. I was still good but not like the old stuff. I didn't know it came from Texas. Ans yes, it didn't really taste like real bar b que, it had a taste of it's own. I don't know why it went defunct, maybe because of the price...it wasn't all that cheap. When I found this blog/thread, I thought I was the only person on Earth that remembered it and liked it. There has to be a way to find out who made it. It was GOOOOODD!!!

Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 1:21AM
More Discussions
Cooking ribs on a gas grill ??
I posted this on the cooking forum, then realized there's...
cookingrvc
Grilled Pork Tenderloin
Found this recipe and it is a keeper! Easy marinade...
LKZZ
what equipment should be bring in Barbecue
I'm going to and my friends crazy once before back...
junho
Smokin-it Smokers
Smokin-it now has a 4 smoker line up. Judging from...
dcrb
how to remove paint stain from stainless steel bbq?
someone spilled what appears to be stain or paint on...
wantboost
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™