what type of rails for my antique bed!!

smelissaJune 5, 2011

Just purchased an old metal headboard, footboard and exposed metal box spring. I have been researching for hours and can find absolutely nothing on what types of rails to use. The head and food board both have a single upward facing hook that I'm assuming holds the rails. I just cant figure out what type of rails to use. Heres a photo of my headboard.......

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

The rails should have come with it.....they are metal rails that hook on that hook and have a sort of "shelf" that holds the spring.

Bookmark   June 6, 2011 at 12:01AM
lauren-ashley

I have the same beds...did you every find out what type of rails are needed? lauren

Bookmark   August 27, 2012 at 4:56PM
calliope

They are just as Linda described. Simple metal side rails with an L channel. It would not be hard for a welder to fashion those, but it's a shame they weren't included with the head and foot board.

Bookmark   August 28, 2012 at 8:51AM
patty_cakes

My vintage bed didn't come w/them. My friend's DH made them for me using1"x 6" boards~for strength, he screwed 2 together. He used some type of bracket(L)to connect to the headboard/footboard. 2"x4" were used to hold the mattress, no box spring needed. It a little tight tucking things in w/the footboard, so wish he would have allowed a few extra inches for 'tucking'. ;o)

Bookmark   August 29, 2012 at 2:00PM
More Discussions
Picture frames?
I f i open the back of old pictures frames, dose it...
Dones
name on vase
Have any one seen this name before on a small vase,...
Dones
help identifying antique table
I found this table at an estate sale for 45 dollars....
moya0311
Vase no marks new or old ?
I have this vase with no mark at bottom, it's real...
Dones
Need help identifying blue bowl
Does anyone recognize this maker's mark? It is on the...
SFQ54
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™