Dent in front Panel of Virco Gas Grill

ChinoAugust 13, 2002

Just purchased a Virco Gas Grill However, all the units had a Dent on the front panel over the third dial from the left. Is this normal ? I opened two boxes at Costco and they all had the same dent ??? Can any one else confirm this ?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
delray

Sounds like a dropped shipment! Maybe they can get you a discount or swap it out for another stores inventory?

That is a real pain if you have already uncrated it. I would be tempted to throw a blanket in a truck/van, load it in and drop it off for a replacement (different store/different shipment) when available.

Bookmark   August 13, 2002 at 4:31PM
Deeta

I didn't have one there but I had a very small one on the tool holder that can be replaced. I probably won't though since the tools block the dent. The display at my Costco didn't have any so maybe it is your particular stores handing that is the culprit.

Bookmark   August 13, 2002 at 4:32PM
bsbbq

I would suggest that if all of the units you looked at had the EXACT same dent in the EXACT same place, it is more likely a defect in a particular batch of the panel itself. I don't really see how the grills being dropped would do that exactly the same on every one, besides I think if they were dropped, you would see other types of damage and the cardboard crate would be smashed on the bottom. In either case, if the grill looks fine otherwise and works fine, which I suspect it does, I would not worry about it unless you want to carry it to another store and exchange it. I would instead call Virco, explain the situation to them and I am sure they would send you a replacement panel for the grill. Good luck.

Bookmark   August 13, 2002 at 4:44PM
spambdamn_rich

My Virco has a dent in one of the lower doors. I am still waiting for Virco to send a replacement.

Bookmark   August 13, 2002 at 10:37PM
philippe

I replied in your other posting. Mine had the dent, my friend's did not. They will be sending me a new panel. It looks like just a few screws to swap and I will probably wait until the current one get's beat up a bit since it is purely cosmetic.

philippe

Bookmark   August 14, 2002 at 3:29PM
Chino

Hi: Thanks, for the feedback.

I just wanted everyone to know the Dent in no way is normal and for $800.00 why should you have to keep a product with a damage. Therefore, I returned the Grill to the store and purchased a new one at another Costco and luckily the new one was dent free. However, it seems to be a factory problem with some of these grills because it is not a problem with the shipping since all the grills that had the dent had boxes that were in perfect condition. I called Virco and they suggested that I exchange the grill although, a big hassle I now have an undamaged grill

Thanks all for the replies

Happy cooking

Chino

Bookmark   August 15, 2002 at 2:34PM
More Discussions
Natural gas line connection to grill
I want to get a natural gas grill, and this is what...
Rakster
Front Avenue grill at Costco
Do you know anything about this grill? Not sure what...
susanf242
Ignighter problem with Weber or Dukane Gas Grill
Ignitor Problem with Weber or Dukane Grill- I have...
etbrown4
Flames too high?
So I brought a new Brinkmann 6 burner grill from Home...
robbversion1
Ceramic vs Gas - is it practical?
I will be installing a new grill this summer in an...
Lucky_Rugger
Sponsored Products
Honeycomb Brass Wall Register
Signature Hardware
Venetian Grommet Top 84-inch Curtain Panel
Overstock.com
Crystal Bakehouse Two-Light Pendant in Bronze Finish with Handcrafted, Polished
Bellacor
Radiax 2700K 10-Degree 21-Watt LED Bronze Spot Light
Lamps Plus
Hampton Bay Outdoor Lighting. Woodbridge Collection 1-Light Long Heritage Bronze
$99.99 | Home Depot
Melinda Dresser - PARCHMENT
$2,489.00 | Horchow
Kovacs Hole-in-One 4 3/4" Wide Nickel Mini Pendant
Euro Style Lighting
Alyce Chest
Grandin Road
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™