Prada Bags - How to tell if real or fake?

bizzymom2005March 12, 2006

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to tell if one is authentic or not. I recently acquired a georgous bag, and it has a Prada logo on the front. There is no idication of a brand on the inside though. I was wondering how to tell if it is authentic or not. I would appreciate any tips available. Thank you so much in advance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kimba00

bizzymom,

Here is an article link below about this very subject.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to Tell It's A Knock Off

Bookmark   March 12, 2006 at 10:36AM
jannie

My friend's daughter bought a Kate Spade bag on Ebay. Problem is, it has "Kate Spate" on the label.

Bookmark   March 12, 2006 at 11:12AM
Gina_W

I love eBay for a lot of things but it is filled with fake designer goods. If you want to buy a high-end designer item, do not buy it on eBay or online store unless they are a known licensee for these items, like eluxury.com. Also don't be fooled if the eBayer has a good record - look at the details of their feedback. A common trick is to build good feedback selling some cheap goods, then put one $1500 Louis Vuitton up for sale all of the sudden.

If it's new high-end designer item and you paid less than retail for it, it's probably a fake.

Bookmark   March 12, 2006 at 5:49PM
bizzymom2005

I should mention that I did not purchase it. My mother in law bought a flat of things from a local thrift store and there was a large bag of purses. About 40 actually. This particular thrift store is amazing. I think it's because they don't realize what the items really are. I bought a brand new bottle of Angel perfume for $2.50 once. That's why I want to find out about the purse. Thanks again!

Bookmark   March 13, 2006 at 1:02PM
buyorsell888

Most designer goods on eBay are fakes.

Their Shoes and Accessories Board is a great place to learn how to tell the difference and who to buy authentic goods from.

Bookmark   April 13, 2006 at 2:02PM
laurensophie

Well, if you need a authentic bags and be sure that whatever you are going to shop its authentic bags, for authentic bags, I suggest that shop on these online stores amazon, Ebay, Gotapparel. I hope you may get your favorite authentic bags over there, because they sell quality of branded products to shop.

Bookmark   April 25, 2013 at 6:14AM
More Discussions
testing
Spirea reverting.
catkin
Proper wedding attire
We are invited to my Fiance's nieces wedding in November...
arizonarose
twisted silver chain
When I was in Poland a friend gave me a silver chain...
bleusblue
Lifestyle lift, yeah or nay?
I am concerned with sagging and turkey neck. LL looks...
bossyvossy
You are over 60 with fine, thin, straight hair
that won't take a perm. How do you wear your hair?
pauline13
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™