looking for: bbq corn on the cobb

DesireAugust 9, 2002

should I BBQ the corn in it's husks or without the husks?

How long should I keep them on the grill?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

Leave the husks on, soak the corn in salt water and on the grill, not directly over the heat source. Depending on how hot your grill, 15 or 20 minutes should be more than enough. Just don't let the husks catch fire.
You can also pull the husks back and butter the corn, replace the husks and grill on a slow grill about 35 minutes, or you can husk the corn and brush with oil and grill directly about 8 or 9 minutes, turning often.

Linda C

Bookmark   August 9, 2002 at 2:05PM
Desire

thank you, I will try soaking them first.

Bookmark   August 9, 2002 at 2:38PM
bsbbq

I soak them in the husks in tap water for 10-15 minutes. Then I remove the husks, wrap them in foil and grill on medium for about 10 to 15 minutes, rolling often. Very good, crispy and sweet.

Bookmark   August 9, 2002 at 3:30PM
Beano

I like to remove the husks and silk, then lay them on foil, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and a pinch of sugar. Add a pat of butter and roll up the foil. I cook them until they're just a little overdone. After I take them off, I let them rest with the foil on for a good ten or twenty minutes. The result is a slightly carmelized, mahoganied corn that is incredibly sweet, but still corny in flavor. Maybe not for everyone, but absolutely delicious in my book!

B

Bookmark   August 9, 2002 at 4:42PM
glenda_al

I just responded at the Recipe Exchange.

Bookmark   August 9, 2002 at 5:50PM
tmfu

In Taiwan they cook Corn on the Cob without the husks, they also spread BBQ sauce on it while cooking, and they cook it till it's basicly chared a little on the outside.

I thought my wife was crazy when she first asked me to cook her corn like this... now it's my favorit way of eating corn on the cob... it's almost impossible to mess it up... short of leaving it on the grill for a hour and/or never turning it...

Bookmark   August 12, 2002 at 11:05AM
zbull

I use the quick method. I remove all the husk and silk and microwave or boil for a few minutes. I then spray with olive oil Pam, wrap in foil, and grill. It tastes great!

Bookmark   August 12, 2002 at 11:50AM
More Discussions
lynx or dcs best prices?
I had posted this in the appliance section but this...
nolacls
Windbreak for BBQ
We live in an area that is extremely windy at times....
ijensen
What are your most useful appliances in outdoor kitchen
We are in the design stages for our outdoor grilling...
squwhat
Charcoal grills and/or Volcanic rock grills coming back
Someone was telling me that lots of people are turning...
summerstar
Cooking ribs on a gas grill ??
I posted this on the cooking forum, then realized there's...
cookingrvc
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™