sealer for Calcutta marble vanity counter?

shanghaimomJanuary 29, 2012

I found a beautiful half-slab remnant for our bath remodel. I know it is going to etch no matter what I seal it with, but what have you all used? It is polished, not honed. I know it might have been smarter to do honed, but it is what it is.

I have a bottle of Goddard's Granite and Marble Polish, which supposedly protects against water stains and brings out the shine and lustre. Anyone used this?

I did a charcoal gray granite in a different bath last year--NEVER again. Looks terrible ALL THE TIME. I'm hoping the light color will be more forgiving.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
adel97

I have polished crema marfil marble in my MB. I seal it once a year with 511 Porous Plus, the same stuff I use on my honed Danby marble in the kitchen.

I am messy in the bathroom with my "lotions and potions" (as DH calls them), but we have no stains. We do have some etches from drops of spilled products, but I don't notice them unless I am looking for them or the light is shining just so. I love the polished stone in the bathroom (my kitchen marble is honed since the kitchen sees more acidic stuff)

Bookmark   February 1, 2012 at 9:21PM
More Discussions
Need bathroom sink/mirror/sconce advice asap!!
Hello everyone, we are in a total pickle over what...
Jenn Cassie
Trying to reconfigure master bath to include washer dryer
How does this layout look? how could I make this space...
cinnamon01
Can you offer links to online Tile Retailers?
Just wanted to get a start at looking at tile. Anyone...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Stop Frameless Shower from Slamming Shut?
Just completed a renovation of our master suite and...
ntrainer
Lowe's master bath estimate....seems high?
Due to a 3-year old poor tile job in our stand up shower...
A McK
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™