Eyeliner that will not smear? Have oily skin

colorcrazyMarch 1, 2009

Is there any other poster that has oily eye lids? I used to use L'Oreal liquid eyeliner. Passe, I know, but it did not smear. Now I can't find anything that won't leave a mirror image on my upper eyelid. UGH So I've stopped wearing eyeliner entirely, but I miss it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mitchdesj

I am using Urban Decay's waterproof liner pencil, it stays.........

Bookmark   March 1, 2009 at 8:06AM
nolamom

I've tried everything like you and found the best results using a method my friend taught me in college (20 yrs. ago, yikes!): dampen a flat (1/4" wide) rounded tip brish and swipe, like a painter on a palette, eyeshadow (bobbi brown is best for this) and apply sideways to get a fine line, not on the flat 1/4" side--does this make sense? liquid eyeliner is so stark and 50's looking and this way is very natural and contemporary. the effect is also slightly smudged, in a desirable way. it should last you at least half the day, then freshen up for the evening. good luck!

Bookmark   March 2, 2009 at 12:44AM
mitchdesj

I'm going to try that, nolamom; what a great tip.

Bookmark   March 2, 2009 at 10:42PM
jazzi874_yahoo_com

M�A�C. Waterproof liquid eyeliner works great. Used and using it since 2007

Bookmark   June 2, 2011 at 8:50PM
michelle_phxaz

I have found putting a foundation of powder on your eyelids before and after the eyeliner helps it not to smear.

Bookmark   June 4, 2011 at 6:40AM
GenerosiTea

I've tried everything out there and the ONLY thing that works for me (oily skin, contacts, tightlining) is Jordana felt tip eyeliner and it's $1.99 at walgreens.

seriously, i was so happy to discover it and yet so mad that i've wasted so much money looking over the years (drugstore and high end ) and i have a whole drawer of old eyeliners that i'm now using for arts and crafts lol.

also, my HG mascara is the loreal telescopic waterproof (in silver tube with blue writing). no smudging.

of course to get all these no smudging products off is the neutrogena makeup remover (the one you have to shake before using), the generic brand of this works too.

Bookmark   November 12, 2014 at 5:49PM
More Discussions
Skimmer shoes....socks, knee-his, or bare feet?
I know it's a weird question...but ...I hate wearing...
marc_ia
Skin Health Maintenance
Hi, I am 30 and need advice on my skin care/skin health...
alexander123
What is a good face cream to use,that WORKS?
I think I've tried every brand of face creams,night...
Dotty9
dry scalp
I'm having a problem with my scalp. It seems so dry...
brownthumbia
Help with dry frizzy hair
I have very dry hair. It's very fine and straight,...
Twinkle
Sponsored Products
Design Toscano 8.5 in. Pharaoh s Queen on the Throne Statue - WU68455
$50.90 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™