Help identify punch bowl

philybobbJune 3, 2013

I picked up this punch bowl and stand at the flea market this weekend and can not seem to figure out the age, maker or pattern anywhere. Obviously pressed glass as the bowl states "near cut". Also just wondering what a ballpark value. Not looking to see high numbers just want to know if I got a good enough deal. Either way I love it and it will be a great center piece at my vintage Christmas party this year. Thanks for any and all help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jemdandy

I inherited a drink pitcher from my mother. She got it new during WW2. Its not the same pattern as your bowl, but has the same "feeling" of period design. My pitcher is also unmarked. I believe it was a 'premium'. After you bought a given number of boxes of soap or other comsumable merchandice, you could choose a piece of glassware or a plate. There were very few pleasures during the war, but we enjoyed many a serving of ice tea or cool-aid from it.

I'm guessing that you piece may be in the time frame of 1945 - 1952, however, it could be from any time after the begining of molded/pressed glass.

Bookmark   June 3, 2013 at 11:18PM
mama goose_gw zn6OH

I posted this link a few months ago, when someone else asked about a pedestal punch bowl. The patterns are done in carnival glass, but there's info (and original pricing) you might find interesting.

Here is a link that might be useful: punch sets, scroll down for pics

Bookmark   June 3, 2013 at 11:55PM
texasredhead

As a general rule an item is worth about what you paid for it. You could also price similar setsat an antique store or mall. Recently purchased a beautiful leaded crystal large salad bowl for $20.00.

Bookmark   June 6, 2013 at 10:57AM
More Discussions
Wanted: Blue Bonnet Margarine Vintage Dolls
I've been collecting the Blue Bonnet Margarine promotional...
beckame
walnut panel
Hi Everyone, I bought this 30" piece at an auction...
sam_md
Early Masons Vista Pink Soup Tureen
Hello! I have inherited a great deal of Masons vista...
aeb78
Can anyone identify this nightstand?
This nightstand was my grandmas and was given to me...
Michael Potter
Trying to ID style of decoration on this 19th century table
This table (called a "plant stand" by the...
jacqueline9CA
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™