This grill a bargain?

casualguyJuly 15, 2002

I researched and read just about everything I could get my eyes on regarding gas grills. After considering value for the dollar, I settled (I use this term lightly) for the stainless steel Uniflame Premium grill (retail price $289.00) from Walmart. I found this grill discounted at my local Walmart for $210.00 (Coon Rapids, Minnesota). The grill has 4 independantly controlled (40,000 btu) cast iron burners, porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates, a side burner (8,000 btu) made of cast iron/brass with porcelain coated cast iron grate as well. The grill uses heat plates (like so many now do) which I decided to remove and replace with a rock grate and ceramic type briquets. I found this (fairly inexpensive) modification to be the difference maker for me. (I personally believe that the use of heat plates by the various grill companys is base mainly on cutting manfacturing/shipping costs and not enhancing the grills performance). I now feel I have my grill setup to compete with many of the higher priced models.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
spambdamn_rich

I haven't see that grill, but it sounds like a good deal. The BTU's are a bit on the low side, but for my style of cooking they'd probably be fine. However I would prefer a grill with a rear rotisserie burner.

Bookmark   July 20, 2002 at 12:35AM
More Discussions
Best Gas Grill
We are building a new home and looking to build an...
litlmikeyb
Need suggestion for a gas cooktop to use outdoor
Can someone please suggest a gas cooktop/burner that...
Novie
Smokin-it Smokers
Smokin-it now has a 4 smoker line up. Judging from...
dcrb
Cooking ribs on a gas grill ??
I posted this on the cooking forum, then realized there's...
cookingrvc
Flames too high?
So I brought a new Brinkmann 6 burner grill from Home...
robbversion1
Sponsored Products
Fire Magic 53803 Echelon Triple Drawer - 53803
$786.25 | Hayneedle
Weber Stainless Steel Vegetable Basket - 6434
$24.99 | Hayneedle
Cast Iron Grill Press
$12.99 | zulily
Houston Texans Metro Barbecue Tote Set
$39.99 | zulily
Table Grill by Eva Solo
$249.00 | Lumens