what do you do with your razor? Washcloth?

mabeldingeldine_gwJanuary 30, 2013

Where do you keep your razor, washcloth, loofa etc. in the shower? I've been looking for some tile-in hooks to no avail. I'll have a niche and a corner shelf, but would prefer to have the razor and washcloths hanging to keep them dry. My tile is slightly wavy (faux handmade) and I don't think a suction hook till work with it. Tiling commences in2 weeks so I am running out of time!

What do you do?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Jean Bo

I had a small space between a large window and the corner of the shower. I put in a very long skinny niche, I love it I broke it down into 4 shelves. The very top is a storage of fresh folded washcloths I can fit 5 or 6 they are high up so they never get splashed. The next shelf is Noxema, the next razors (2) the bottom is a folded white washcloth the same as in the top shelf with the bar of soap. I never have soap scum to clean up and the washcloth can be used ever few days with the sudsy build up for wash up. I have another lower long niche for shampoos and conditioner. I made it extra big so that nothing will ever have to sit on the floor. The shower is neat and organized and always looks presentable. I fabricated the niches around the existing wall studs. The whole shower is Kerdied and water tight. Bill and Mondo walked me through the whole process. Those guys are top notch.

Bookmark   January 30, 2013 at 2:57PM
Olychick

I bought stainless look Command Hooks. Wasn't sure they'd work (I think they might make wet location hooks) but they work beautifully. No holes in the tiles, they hold soaking wet washcloths with no problem and they look fine. I don't know how they will work on a tile with texture, but for a very small investment, you can find out.

Bookmark   January 30, 2013 at 3:16PM
Gina_W

I have an extra long bench in the shower, hidden behind a pony wall which contains the niche. I was going to look at stuff like the following for toothbrushes, toothpaste, razors and other small items, and set it on the bench. I will also look at hooks for soap scrunchee and squeegee.

Click

Click 2

Click 3

Bookmark   January 30, 2013 at 5:59PM
hosenemesis

I bought a soap/shampoo/conditioner dispenser that attaches with silicone, and it has hooks for that stuff.

Bookmark   January 31, 2013 at 10:41PM
dcwesley

I have been wondering about this too. I would love to see more photos for hanging the washcloths to dry. In our old shower we had a bar, but it seems this aren't used in cutom built showers much anymore.

Bookmark   March 8, 2013 at 6:37AM
More Discussions
Grout experts, Fusion Pro, Kerapoxy, Spectralock, Bostik?
Or Tec Power grout? I'm trying to choose something...
happyallison
Opinions on Water Creation Vanities??
I am strongly considering the Water Creation 72"...
likewhatyoudo
Date on thinset
Someone mentioned they would help homeowners decode...
mmaggied
Microsilk vs. Air Tub (Jason) OR Bain Ultra
Apologies for the additional thread. I realize there...
divotdiva
Classic looking offset vanity top?
I'm planning out a bathroom remodel for a 1920s Craftsman...
resseger
Sponsored Products
Nectarine Narrow Zig Zag Double Gourd Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Dino Coffee Table by BDI
$659.00 | Lumens
Global Neville Round Clear Glass Dining Table w/ Multicolor Base
Beyond Stores
Area Rug: Paeonia Parchment 5' x 8'
Home Depot
Diamante Matelasse Ivory Full/ Queen-size Coverlet
Overstock.com