Control top panty hose question

joyce58February 1, 2008

Does anyone have a real preference for one "control top" panyhose brand over another?

I very rarely get "dressed up " and now have 2 weddings and 2 other formal family events to go to in the year coming up.

As if finding proper clothes for a woman "of a certain age" were not enough, I have to contend with the undergarments as well..!!!!..I also understand that with open-toe shows, sandlefoot pantyhose would be best, not bare legs.

Any comments?

Thanks,

Joyce

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jcrowley99

To be honest I have always found Leggs to be the most comfortable. I tried some No Nonsense last year and they were terrible uncomfortable. You might want to pick up a few different pairs when you see them on sale (Walgreen's seems to have a lot of pantyhose sales), try them on, and see what is most comfortable for you.

Bookmark   February 1, 2008 at 10:54PM
socks

jcrowley99 has the right idea. Try them out before you wear them to an event, walk around in them for an hour or so. I don't think it's easy to get a decent fit. They are either too long or they want to fall down, dragging the pants with them!!!

Bookmark   February 2, 2008 at 6:54PM
mitchdesj

I also think you should test drive a few brands before deciding; I've had some that felt like I was in a visegrip, they were flattering but so painful to wear, I removed them in the ladies' room midway through the dinner and threw them out in the trash bin ( because they would not have fitted in my evening purse).
I think those were spanx. I'm very short waisted so that might be why they make me feel uncomfortable.

I avoid control top now.

Bookmark   February 3, 2008 at 7:03AM
jcrowley99

OMG! One time at a dinner party for my husband's company I was wearing a pair of control tops that were so tight I could not even breath much less eat. Half way through dinner I went to the Ladies and used my house key to hack through the first several inches of the control top. I couldn't just get rid of them because my legs were the color of milk! I spent the rest of the evening worrying that my pantyhose were going to fall off, but I really enjoyed the meal!

Bookmark   February 3, 2008 at 5:44PM
mitchdesj

jc, very funny; glad I'm not the only one who did this.

I also ditched pantyhose in the trash when I was pregnant and we were at a wedding, there no air conditioning and I was roasting.

I also admit to ditching nylon knee highs at a function in a plant pot, no one saw me, it was a huge garden party, I did it very quickly. I was wearing pants so it didn't matter.

Bookmark   February 3, 2008 at 6:30PM
jannie

I wear Leggs Size A. I'm short (5 one) and a little bottom heavy (128 lbs.) THEY FIT OKAY BUT IT TAKES A LOT OF STRENGTH TO PULL THEM UP TO MY WAIST. Sorry for the capital letters. My shift lock got on by mistake.

Bookmark   February 3, 2008 at 8:41PM
rotny

Joyce, if the shoe allows and if it's comfortable enough for you, you might want to also seek out a pair of control toeless hose. That way your legs are covered and you get to keep your open toe presentation.

Rotny

Bookmark   February 7, 2008 at 1:46PM
More Discussions
Laser Hair Removal
My annual bonus this year will fund something I've...
mary_md7
What is a good face cream to use,that WORKS?
I think I've tried every brand of face creams,night...
Dotty9
Eyeliner that will not smear? Have oily skin
Is there any other poster that has oily eye lids? I...
colorcrazy
testing
Spirea reverting.
catkin
buying named fragrances on-line ... risky?
I find fragrances I like are not popular sometimes...
vieja_gw
Sponsored Products
RION Furniture - New London Queen Bed, Pale - GBED121QP
Great Furniture Deal
Indoor Ceiling Light with Fan: Hampton Bay Bay Island 52 in. Desert Patina Ceili
Home Depot
Baxton Studio Yang Black / Silver Folding Event Table (Standard Height)
Overstock.com
Involution Ceiling Fan by Fanimation Fans
$329.00 | Lumens
Envy Narrow Zig Zag Apothecary Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Serena & Lily French Tassel Window Panel
Serena & Lily
Antique Red Narrow Zig Zag Ovo Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Remer by Nameeks H11US Single Hole Bathroom Faucet - REMER H11US
$319.00 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for: