LP gas hook up

tt-boneJuly 18, 2008

I have a 1000 gal LP in grd. tank, and would like to hook up my 5 burner Jenn-Air grill. The tank has a red reg. on the main tank and a second reg. before it enters the house. I tee'ed off the 1" gas line in the basement and ran it out to the deck. Do I need another reg. for the grill to reduce the pressure more? The reg. on the rhino tank that came with the grill has no fittings so I can't take it apart and plumb it in or I would. Is there a certain kind or certain pressure I need because it is a 5 burner grill? thanks in advance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
paddy_99

I realize free advice is not worth much but this looks like the place to hire a professional or you could end up being a segment on the 6 o'clock news.

Bookmark   July 19, 2008 at 3:54PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
caboodle

We're building a house and haven't moved in yet (close, though), but we did have our plumber do this for us.

We have a 500 gallon underground tank and he ran a hook-up to our carport which is where we will use the grill.

This is one of the things I am most excited about our new house. I love to grill, but don't love having to switch out tanks.

Sorry, no help, but it's a great idea!

Bookmark   July 29, 2008 at 11:18AM
More Discussions
Lion Grill
I'm thinking about getting a Lion grill for a new outdoor...
winnetka75
Ceramic vs Gas - is it practical?
I will be installing a new grill this summer in an...
Lucky_Rugger
what equipment should be bring in Barbecue
I'm going to and my friends crazy once before back...
junho
Member's Mark Gas Grills Part 3 (Continued Discussion)
This discussion thread is about the Member's Mark stainless...
Ladd
How long one can use Grill (Life time)
Hi, My previous owner left us Grand Turbo grill by...
ritholtz
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™