Hollister stores: floating dust/germs in dressing rooms

bnicebkindFebruary 26, 2008

Anyone else have a problem with the dressing rooms in Hollister? They are painted black, with lights that ILLUMINATE massive amounts of dust/germs floating in the air you breath as you try things on. They are claustrophobic (too small) painted black, and you watch the lights highlighting all of this dust floating around their dressing rooms. I now wonder if that is what we breathe everywhere we go indoors, or if we are just are highly aware of it because of the black painted surfaces of their dressing rooms, with the lights they use, or if it is just something weird, and their dressing rooms have huge amounts of dust for some reason??? I can't stand being in their dressing rooms, and the music is so blasted loud, that you can't even hear the person next to you talk.

They are chasing the paying customers out of the store, because the music is blasting sooooo loud!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
labmomma

I've never been in a dressing room, but I can tell you I could scream when I have to go to Hollister for a gift card. Do they really need the music so loud that the gal behind the register can't hear you without you screaming? Go figure, the kids love the store, it is always crowded, so I guess the age group that shops at Hollister isn't worried about the dust or their hearing:)).

Bookmark   February 27, 2008 at 5:42AM
ninos

You have named some of the reasons that i dont even go into that store.

Bookmark   February 27, 2008 at 12:17PM
bookmom41

My daughter and her friends (and I by default) do shop there but I hate it for the all of the above reasons (you forgot to add that a good deal of the merchandise is trampy and tissue-paper thin!) Even the kids, though, laugh about the lighting and noise as being ridiculous but they'll shop there anyway because it is considered cool.

Bookmark   February 27, 2008 at 1:05PM
jannie

I no longer try on clothing in those awful dirty dressing rooms most stores have. The last time I was in one, someone left a bag behind. Inside it was a baby's dirty diaper. So disgusting that mother couldn't find a garbage receptacle! So I buy clothes, bring them home, and if they don't fit I return them!

Bookmark   February 28, 2008 at 1:31PM
cleo07

Don't forget that a lot of floating dust is actually skin flakes!

Alhtough I like the clothes for my duaghter; the music is too lous and the store is too dark. So I shop elsewhere.

Bookmark   March 1, 2008 at 6:41PM
More Discussions
Laser Hair Removal
My annual bonus this year will fund something I've...
mary_md7
Questioning Long Hair
I haven't had long hair in 45 yrs, I finally let it...
joann_fl
Regular down vs. ultra lite down
Help, I live in the south where down is not part of...
scpalmetto
buying named fragrances on-line ... risky?
I find fragrances I like are not popular sometimes...
vieja_gw
Skin Health Maintenance
Hi, I am 30 and need advice on my skin care/skin health...
alexander123
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™