Favorite facial moisturer's for the over 50 set?

marys1000February 17, 2008

I'm 51 and still have a bit of an oily forehead/t-zone though its less than before. And I noticed that in the last few years my forehead has also gotten red. My neck has gotten awful after years of neglect.

I'm looking for a night time cream and a daytime one. Daytime I currently use a Loreal one I like (Neutrogena felt too greasy) but the spf stuff tends to melt after about 8 hours and get in my eyes making them sting. I don't like anything that feels greasy.

Any favorites out there?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

I like Oil of Olay with SPF 15. It does not feel greasy.

Bookmark   February 17, 2008 at 8:21PM
michelle_phxaz

I like Oil of Olay for sensitive skin. It doesn't stink like regular Oil of Olay.

Bookmark   February 17, 2008 at 9:28PM
tiamaria

I don't know about for over 50, but Dermalogica is great for oily complexions.

I'm over 50 and love Dr. Denese products. She can be found on QVC. I'm not crazy about the eye cream but the moisturizer is great and the sunscreen she has is the only product that I've used so far that truly keeps my face from tanning or burning.

Bookmark   February 19, 2008 at 10:32AM
petaloid

Cetaphil moisturizing lotion was recommended by my dermatologist -- it works well for me, especially on my neck, and does not irritate my eyes.

I use Cetaphil cleanser, an oil-free product, to remove makeup. It can also be used as a moisturizer for oily skin, so that could work on your forehead.

These are both hypo-allergenic and sold at drugstores, Costco, etc.

For added sun protection on my face I like the sunscreens made for children, but even then I keep them away from my eyes.

Bookmark   February 23, 2008 at 11:50AM
wisrose

I am 52, I love Victoria Principle Products, they are a little pricey but you can join the "club" and save a lot. There a few facial lotions, they don't really feel greasy yet do make my face shiny which I simply wipe off. Her lotions really soak into the skin making a huge difference in how your face feels. I do not have extra money to spend on luxuries, I consider this a necessity! It also helps ease the wrinkles.

Bookmark   February 29, 2008 at 1:07PM
centralcacyclist

I bought some Beyond Belief ABH Intensive Repair Serum from Sally Beauty Supply. It's wonderful! My skin is soft, smooth, not greasy feeling, the rashiness and flakes I had around my mouth and nose area - gone. I'm going to try some of the other products in the line. It's also decently priced at about 8.00.

I'm 52 and have struggled with breakouts and clogged pores forever. This product seems to keep that under control, too. I've been using it about a week and can really tell a difference.

Bookmark   March 8, 2008 at 1:39PM
hamster

I have been liking the ROC line. Really like the night time that comes in a jar with a red lid. Lasts a long time.

Bookmark   March 12, 2008 at 3:54PM
More Discussions
dry scalp
I'm having a problem with my scalp. It seems so dry...
brownthumbia
Eyeliner that will not smear? Have oily skin
Is there any other poster that has oily eye lids? I...
colorcrazy
buying named fragrances on-line ... risky?
I find fragrances I like are not popular sometimes...
vieja_gw
Proper wedding attire
We are invited to my Fiance's nieces wedding in November...
arizonarose
Skin Health Maintenance
Hi, I am 30 and need advice on my skin care/skin health...
alexander123
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™