McLagan Grand Master Furniture

Catt_eeJune 14, 2011

I have a piece that has a sticker with "McLagan Grand Master Furniture" on the inside of it. Where can I find out what the piece is called and when it was made. It was used by my mom to hold knitting needles and patterns, and consists of a slanted-side "box" that has two hinged lids on top (on either side of a wooden handle) and the "box" is on turned wood legs which make it a "stand" of sorts. There is also a sliding wooden tray that sits on wooden tracks inside the "box". Any ideas?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

It's a sewing grandmother used to call it a "work box".....she kept her things she was working on in there.....quilting, embroidery, crocheting...even things to be mended. The tray held threads, scissors and a pin cushion with pins and needles.
I haven't seen any new boxes like that since perhaps 1950....most were older.
Linda C

    Bookmark   June 15, 2011 at 12:09AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Value of Crocker chair?
Can anyone tell me the value of this Crocker chair?...
Ideas about this vase/bottle?
Hello! I recently discovered this great forum and am...
Question about Eastlake washstand that has two types of drawer joints
Hi. I recently purchased an antique washstand that...
Patricia Oliver
not a 3 headed dragon candelabra
We have had this brass candelabra for over 30 years,...
Sponsored Products
Possini Euro Honeycomb Glass 11" Wide Chrome Ceiling Light
Euro Style Lighting
Courtly Check Black Sisal Runner 2'5" x 9' - BLACK
$265.00 | Horchow
Ellington Round Outdoor Dining Table Cover - Sand
$249.50 | FRONTGATE
Ox Style Chair and Ottoman-Black - 100% Italian Leather
IFN Modern
AICO Furniture - The Sovereign Sofa - 57815-GDIVA-51
Great Furniture Deal
Comfort Dreams Select-A-Firmness 14-inch Twin-size Memory Foam Mattress
Pollux Wall-Mount Matte Resin Dual-Basin Sink
Signature Hardware
Iron Sling Chair in Bronze
$298.99 | Dot & Bo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™