'Professional' Grill at Home Depot Expo

jason_p1jlc2July 19, 2002

Has anyone seen this grill? It appears to be of fairly good quality. All stainless construction (although the salesperson didn't know which grade of it was, any way to tell???), stainless grates, etc. I was told that it was made by Char Broil.

The down side is that it does not have a side burner. Also, the burners are cast iron (which I suppose has both advantages and disadvantages).

Anyone own/see this grill? I am currently comparing it to the Virco, but my Costco doesn't have any at the moment (should be getting more according to the manager).

Oh, it's priced at $799, just like the Virco.

Thanks! Jason

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
meagain

Yes! I saw this grill about a week ago when buying a black (thank you Expo) patio umbrella. Looked interesting enough from 10 feet away and we rushed up to it for inspection. There is absolutely zero comparison to the Virco. The lid is feather light in comparison, the BTUs are very low, thin stainless, single walls on doors, etc. We actually chuckled about the disparities. It does look pretty, but the specs aren't there. Given they are the same price - I wouldn't think twice about going with the Virco. Just my opinion, but I did check out that grill.

Bookmark   July 19, 2002 at 11:54AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Another_Terry

I owned one for three months and just sold it. I am going to buy the large Y0660 from Sams.

The grill performed well, could peg the hood thermometer of 600F. The grates are very heavy stainless.

But....the flame tamers are regular steel as is the rear IR panel. The rear panel didn't bother me but the flame tamer plates probably won't last long. The weakest part of the grill was the design of the drip pan. It is very difficult to use and often falls out of its track when sliding it in or our. It is a very poor design. If I kept the grill I was going to have it replaced with stainless steel from a local metal fabricator. The cost would have been about $100.00. Also, the hood was a folded design with spot welds but I will say that it never discolored on the outside for the 3 months that I owned it.

To me, the Virco is far superior. I planned on buying that until I looked at the Y0660 at Sams. I am going to buy that one instead, even if it isn't ALL stainless. The grill and cart is so solid I will upgrade the few non-stainless parts when the time comes. It's basically a $5K grill for $1500.

Bookmark   July 22, 2002 at 2:35PM
More Discussions
Smokers
I'm thinking about getting my husband a smoker, and...
pondpal
Do you need to secure a grill on the patio?
I live in a state that gets tornado warnings on occasion...
ncdel
Front Avenue grill at Costco
Do you know anything about this grill? Not sure what...
susanf242
members mark grills
anyone have a professional liquid propane gas island...
anelisemiller
Stereo for BBQ Island
Hello - Anyone have an outdoor stereo installed in...
wardman
Sponsored Products
Bunny Container
$19.99 | Dot & Bo
Allure Red Wallpaper R1788, double roll
Walls Republic
Authentic Models Globe Stand With Globe
Classic Hostess
Mini Star Chrome Two-Light Bath Fixture with Royal Cut Sapphire Blue Crystal and
$300.00 | Bellacor
Sykes Wood Grain Finish Table Lamp
Overstock.com
Natural bleu d?chine runner (yellow/wheat)
Origin Crafts
Queen Diamond-Trellis Duvet Cover 90" x 95" - TEAL
$1,340.00 | Horchow
Christopher Knight Home Crystal 4-light Gold Chandelier
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™