Seeking small grill recs for house supplied nat gas

jdayneJuly 8, 2006

We will have an urban roofdeck next year and the contractor is giving us a natural gas line to the deck. Can anyone recommend a smaller grill that is or can be converted to natural gas supply? Most ng grills I've seen are really, really big for the urban deck!

I had hoped the Weber Q could be converted, but Weber was pretty unpleasant to me when I asked this question though we can do the Weber Flame fire pit for fall evenings as it is ng. Actually, the Flame was why I inquired about the Q, but they acted as if I was an arsonist!

All recommendations appreciated and, if any of you are plumbers or otherwise handy, is it possible that a homeowner or her plumber could convert a Q with the proper conversion parts/materials?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

I also would be interested in hearing if anyone has any thoughts on this...
Linda C

Bookmark   August 23, 2006 at 8:16PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grilllover

Napoleon make a nice grill it's the Ultra Chef 405 series .. it's just a little bigger than the q and you can order a deck mount with it ..and if your really needing more space you can leave the sideshelves off .. you can order it in N.G. I wouldn't try to convert a q .. weber dosn't recomend it and they don't make a conversion kit for it.. it's not easy on the q if you don't know how ... plus you have to find the right parts it's a pain and can be dangerous.. you can see the napoleon @azgrills the link below

Here is a link that might be useful: napoleon deck mount

Bookmark   September 21, 2006 at 9:21PM
More Discussions
Cooking ribs on a gas grill ??
I posted this on the cooking forum, then realized there's...
cookingrvc
Charcoal grills and/or Volcanic rock grills coming back
Someone was telling me that lots of people are turning...
summerstar
Stereo for BBQ Island
Hello - Anyone have an outdoor stereo installed in...
wardman
Do you need to secure a grill on the patio?
I live in a state that gets tornado warnings on occasion...
ncdel
lynx or dcs best prices?
I had posted this in the appliance section but this...
nolacls
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™