LOOKING for: simple, quick marinade for chicken breasts

DCDisneyJuly 3, 2002

My step-mother visited once, and marinated boneless chicken breasts, then she grilled them. I can't remember what all she used, except I remember her buying a bottle of plain, old-fashioned Italian dressing from the grocery store, and marinating the meat about an hour, in a ziploc bag, in the refrigerator. I remember the chicken being very moist.

Do you think that's all she used ? And is an hour all that is needed?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cookingrvc

You can mix up some Good Seasons dry Salad dressing, which I often use and marinate the chicken for a couple of hours.

OR

Although I am generally not a fan of packaged marinades, I use McCormick's Grill Mates zesty chicken marinade. They're sold in dry packets in the marinade section of most grocery stores. I also use the mesquite one. All of them are good and quick - 30 to 60 minutes is all you need. Beef ones are good as well.

Sue

Bookmark   July 3, 2002 at 10:53AM
bbqjones

I add about 1/4 cup soy sauce to my favorite Italian dressing and sometime a little lime juice. 1 hour will work but the longer the better. The real key is to baste the breast with the marinade while they are cooking. I usually spoon some on the top let them cook then turn them and spoon some more on till they are done.

Bookmark   July 3, 2002 at 11:33AM
ann_t

I find that chicken breasts do not need much in the way of marinating. Since chicken is already tender you only need to marinate for a short period of time to add flavour rather than to tenderize.

I rub boneless chicken breasts with minced garlic, dijon mustard, salt, pepper and fresh squeezed lemon, and some olive oil. Let sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Note that lemon juice will cook the meat changing the texture if allowed to marinate for too long.

Another rub that I use with a Greek influence is to rub the breasts with garlic, oregano, olive oil and lemon juice, salt and pepper, let sit again for just 30 minutes or so and then grill.

Ann.

Bookmark   July 3, 2002 at 7:18PM
Yasmine

Brown sugar,vinegar,soy sauce, garlic powder (or crushed cloves and chopped green onions. Marinate from one hour or longer for stronger flavor. Can be used for beef or chicken.

Bookmark   July 4, 2002 at 5:35AM
columbiasc

I use equal parts pineapple juice and teriyaki sauce along with a just a little olive oil and some crushed garlic. Marinate for no more than one hour because the acid in the pineapple juice will "cook" the chicken, you get a tough outer layer. I find that the key to moist chicken is to avoid the temtation to cook it too long. Remember that it will continue to cook after you take it off, so take it off sooner rather than later then let it rest for another ten minutes before serving. If it has lost it's translucent look all the way through, it's done.

Bookmark   July 7, 2002 at 9:00AM
dudsiam

I have a chicken recipe that I love. I marinate the chicken in a plastic bag. The marinade is made from orange juice, lemon juice, parsley, and garlic. It really gives the chicken a nice taste.

Bookmark   July 7, 2002 at 6:45PM
dwyerkg

I use this forchicken wings:

1 part soy sauce
1 part pinapple juice

marinate overnite and bake.

Bookmark   July 8, 2002 at 2:47PM
More Discussions
lynx or dcs best prices?
I had posted this in the appliance section but this...
nolacls
members mark grills
anyone have a professional liquid propane gas island...
anelisemiller
Grilled Pork Tenderloin
Found this recipe and it is a keeper! Easy marinade...
lkzz
Member's Mark Gas Grills Part 3 (Continued Discussion)
This discussion thread is about the Member's Mark stainless...
Ladd
Stereo for BBQ Island
Hello - Anyone have an outdoor stereo installed in...
wardman
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™