Repeat ID - sorry to ask again

DLM2000June 5, 2014

Searched this forum and through google but can't find the name of the type of metal work on this piece. I had asked a few years ago and received wonderful information...... thought I'd written it on a note card and slipped it inside but it's not there.

Can anyone help me again - I promise to keep the information this time!! Thanks -

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Fori is not pleased

Is it cloisonne? Neat style though.

    Bookmark   June 5, 2014 at 9:18PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

No fori, it was a term I'd never heard before - dang I wish I could remember! But thanks for trying.

    Bookmark   June 5, 2014 at 9:34PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

The term that you may be looking for is "Champleve". Instead of building walls to contain the enamel, troughs are gouged out of the base medium, which are then filled with enamel
medium and then fired.

    Bookmark   June 8, 2014 at 3:13PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

madammim thank you very much. Oddly, that term does not sound familiar to me but the description and images I Googled are right on target so that must be it.

I've now written the term and the definition on a note card and it's safely tucked inside the urn - hopefully to stay there! Thank you again.

    Bookmark   June 9, 2014 at 9:20AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
walnut panel
Hi Everyone, I bought this 30" piece at an auction...
Vase no marks new or old ?
I have this vase with no mark at bottom, it's real...
Why isn't furniture selling?
I've been trying to sell this 45" diameter vintage...
Help Identifying Cushman Furniture
I have a small Cushman cabinet, it appears that it...
Haviland France Limoge Covered Veg. Bowl
I have a lovely Haviland veggie bowl here but I can't...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™