Adjustable grilling grate??

fredmertzJuly 3, 2012

I am looking for a covered charcoal grill with an adjustable height grill grate. Had one years ago that had a ratcheting handle that raised the cooking surface. The grilling surface could even be rotated. Many thanks for any help locating one.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vanole

I have not seen a rotating grid charcoal grill in years and by no means does that mean they do not exist.

Lots of adjustable cooking grate varieties on the market one offerd by Kingsford with a crank up cooking grate which works some what like a high end Hasty Bake which in my opinion is the gold standard in the crank up grate variety.

Another nice option that I have seen and own 4 gas grills from this company is the Holland Patriot. Has a trap door arrangement that makes adding coal a breeze. Service and support from Holland is awesome in my opinion.

I know you want an adjustable cooking grate but you have to consider you might not like what you see or that might be the case already. In the non adjusting charcoal world you see multiple Weber Kettles around and I have one of those also and its a great cooker. I also have a new addition to my herd a PK grill which has a non adjusting cooking grate. The PK is small but has some really good temp control with the 4 adjustable dampers. Just did a rack of ribs on it the other day and they came out as moist and tasty as the ones I do on a BGE.

Bookmark   July 4, 2012 at 7:12AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Clarion

Google "Santa Maria Grill". Check out the images.

Bookmark   July 11, 2013 at 8:47PM
More Discussions
Flames too high?
So I brought a new Brinkmann 6 burner grill from Home...
robbversion1
Windbreak for BBQ
We live in an area that is extremely windy at times....
ijensen
Bakers and Chefs gas grills ????
Anybody know about these grills that Sam's Clubs sell...
jimt
Side burner recommendation
I am looking for a side burner to put in our outdoor...
bluehaven_gweb
Holland Grill Use - Am I wrong???
Hello Holland Grill users... we bought a Classic several...
Radman
Sponsored Products
Grate Votives - Set of 2
$14.99 | Dot & Bo
Blue Rhino 360-degree Black Firehouse
Overstock.com
NAVETTA Cheese Grater by Blomus
$40.99 | Lumens
Red Elite Series Fine Grater
$12.99 | zulily
Parmenide Cheese Grater by Alessi
$21.00 | Lumens
Dyna-Glo DGB730SNB-D 2-Burner Stainless Steel Gas and Charcoal BBQ Grill Multico
$569.00 | Hayneedle
Starry Night Small Black/ Copper Fire Dome
Overstock.com
Warming Rack for TEC G-Sport Grill
$36.00 | FRONTGATE
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™